2020 Quarantine Builds

Started by NEMMRRC, April 05, 2020, 05:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

So I've started a 1922 Packard from Jordan while the 2020 Quarantine rages on. Mainly I am doing this because I have a limited amount of space on my workbench at home.

These jokers are fiddly.

Jaime

bparrish

Jaime....

I have built two of these over the years.......... probably the toughest of all of the Jordans.

You are very brave sir.........

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Opa George

Jaime, looks like you already succeeded in getting all four wheels level to the ground. You're already doing better than most of my Jordan builds. 

Agreed, they are quite fiddly, and some more than others.  But gotta love those results. All of my most prized vehicles on my layout currently are Jordans.
--Opa George

NEMMRRC

Thanks for the kind words.

It's amazing how much detail is in these little jewels.

Once I get the finest of details on (steering wheel, fender brackets and dashboard) it'll be ready for paint.

When I search for Packard trucks on the interwebs I get more results of models than I do the real thing ...

Jaime

ReadingBob

My hat is off to you sir.  ;)  These kits are great but wow, what a challenge. Thanks for sharing.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

PaulS

Very nice Jaime, looks great and looking forward to seeing this with some paint ...
Wonderful little kits to get lost in ....
All the best,
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

Raymo

Nice! I'm sure when these dinosaur's were roaming the earth a piece of film was spent on something else. You'd probably find them in the background of a Shorpy photo.

postalkarl

Hey Jaime:

Looking really great.

Karl

GPdemayo

I'll be looking in Jaime....I can't believe y'all can put those things together without going blind.  ::)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Raymo on April 06, 2020, 06:46:19 AM
Nice! I'm sure when these dinosaur's were roaming the earth a piece of film was spent on something else. You'd probably find them in the background of a Shorpy photo.
Any color photos ?

I have no idea what shade of black to use  ;D

Jaime

tom.boyd.125

Jaime,
Looks like your rolling on this build.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Lynnb

I love these little Jordans.
Ontario, Canada