Something to ponder... How about a New Year's winter build challenge.

Started by Raymo, December 25, 2017, 11:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

How about dedicating this year's challenge to Tom Schwarz....

S&S RR

Quote from: Raymo on November 11, 2018, 07:14:07 PM
How about dedicating this year's challenge to Tom Schwarz....

Great Idea. Although I never got to meet him, all accounts show a tremendous passion for the hobby.  The FSM Sewall's is next on my build list - I think it has just become the T. Schwarz Foundry. It will reside in the industrial area of the Eagles Nest Yard on the Superior & Seattle. Oh and I'm in for the build challenge. I have to finish Threadwell's / Delabrarre's first so I hope the deadline is tax day April 15th, right?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

SteveCuster

I'm in. I've got a whole bunch of smaller structures I need to build for the layout.

Contest doesn't officially start till January 1st?

-Steve
Steve Custer

S&S RR

Can we get a verification on the spelling of Tom's last name?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

jerryrbeach

Do we need a new thread with some parameters, i.e. start date, end date, etc.  I'm definitely on board with naming it for Tom Schwarz.  Thoughts? 
C'mon, one of you challenge initiators, Jaime, Dan, Dave?
Jerry

Jim Donovan

Tom was likeable. Think it is neat to name a model build for him. I will look through all the cool kits I got at the EXPO and see if I can try this and tag along if time frame works. I have some traveling coming up, so depends on dates and time line for me.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Dave K.

Good idea...just so we're all on the same page. I couldn't start until late December, anyway, with other projects in the works.

Raymo

Why don't we plan on Jan 1st for start date. Tax day to end it. I know the last 2 years some of us syarted early. I can start a thread for showing what you plan on building and then you can start your own build thread.

vinceg

Could someone describe exactly what the Challenge is? I remember seeing this as I had joined this group last December. I have never really understood the activity.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Raymo

Just build something and try to do a detailed build thread on the forum for other modeler's to use for reference or inspiration. Last year I tried to limit it to a 6"x6". It can be anything you want, building, boat, vehicles, or even a seagull out of putty....