Started by rubbergauge, June 07, 2020, 09:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

hey Joe:

that's coming along very nicely so far.

Karl

rubbergauge

Jerry,

I just loaded white glue onto each side and added the pebbles. The trim on one side of the pebbles acts as a dam to keep them in line and I pushed a block on the bottom of the side to act as a dam there. Graffen told me he used thinned grout as mortar on the pebbles  in his kit. I think it really adds to the illusion of a stone foundation. I wish I had done something like that also. Maybe it's not to late to try?

Moving along I started on a base and the roof. I had a lot of trouble cutting the shingle sheets into rows. Even with a new blade I had trouble getting a clean cut as the sheet wanted to tear. Maybe it's due to the age of the sheets? I think next time I'll use some other shingles.

Yesterday there was a surprise at my front door, the FSM Coal Bunker kit is here!

rubbergauge

Not much to report other than the base has the ties and rails mounted and is ready for adding the structure. Forgot to mention in my last post thanks for the nice comments!

Joe

postalkarl

hey Joe:

The floor looks just great.

Karl

Opa George

Hi Joe,
I agree with Karl. Your floor coloring looks really nice--lots of variety in the boards.
--Opa George

rubbergauge

Got the structure glued to the base and some more work on the roof completed. Now on to the roof rafters and some interior detail.

Opa George and Karl,

thanks for the comments.

Joe

PRR Modeler

Very nice structure and the colors look great.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Mark Dalrymple

Looking really nice, Joe.

Cheers, Mark.

ReadingBob

Looks really good Joe.  You're doing a great job on a classic kit.  :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

What Bob said.....looking good.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

rubbergauge

Made a little more progress. Still a ways to go.

Joe

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

WigWag Workshop

Looking great! Appreciate you sharing your progress.

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!