MORRISTOWN & ERIE RAILROAD - WESTERN DIVISION - PART THREE

Started by Erieman, March 17, 2020, 11:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erieman

i have decided to start a new thread on my railroad. This portion will cover the large city area at the end of the layout. The cities are is located where the layout starts and ends. The layout is a double dogbone at one end. I'll post a pic of the layout design that appeared in 2019 Great Model Railroads issue. More to follow over the next several months or more.

The city are consists of many large structures constructed from kits from City Classics, DPM and others. Several are being re arranges to fit the location, many need window glazing, fire escapes ,etc to complete the structures. Many of these builds were build several years ago without consideration to a formal location on the layout. Now they may be modified to fit a specific location.

So follow along on the continuation of my layout journey.

Frank / Erieman

GPdemayo

Sound like a plan Frank.....I'll be on the train, look for me in the lounge car. :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Erieman

Quote from: GPdemayo on March 17, 2020, 11:45:43 AM
Sound like a plan Frank.....I'll be on the train, look for me in the lounge car. :)

Thanks Greg and welcome aboard. This is a big project that everyone should enjoy. I am having some photo issues and once they are resolved, i'll post them.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Greg,

Here is a teaser pic.

ACL1504

Frank,

Of course I'll be following a long on this adventure. It will be fun for sure.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Frank

I will be following along, too. I can't wait to see where you go with this.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Erieman

OKAY, I  am trying to post photos, but they keep showing in upside down position. Any thoughts? I've tried to save them upside down, not working. Help.

Frank

tom.boyd.125

Frank,
Try taking 2 photos to post with your phone or tablet, take one holding your device in a vertical position and then take one holding it in a horizontal position, post the 2 photos, see if they are both upside down or if one is correct, etc. If both are bad, it is a software issue , if it works one way of holding your device, then jump up and down ...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Erieman

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. So i took a vertical photo and posted it and here is the results. Somewhere in my phone or computer, i have a problem.

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

Well Frank, I got it to stay up and down but now it will not zoom. :-[  It looks good if I zoom it and turn my computer 90 degrees. ;) ;D
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl