Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Quote from: cuse on December 24, 2019, 07:02:21 AM
Thanks Guys. Feels good to be in motion again, if only for the moment. Took me a second to scan the depth of my brain for the 80's movie reference but I narrowed it down and was happy to confirm I still have some mental ability. ;D 

John

Don't feel bad John.....I remember the first part of the quote, but can't remember the name that came after it.....still can't.  :-[
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Quote from: GPdemayo on January 24, 2020, 02:19:40 PM
Thanks Guys. Feels good to be in motion again, if only for the moment. Took me a second to scan the depth of my brain for the 80's movie reference but I narrowed it down and was happy to confirm I still have some mental ability. ;D 

John

Don't feel bad John.....I remember the first part of the quote, but can't remember the name that came after it.....still can't.  :-[

Oh c'mon man.   ::)  I told you at lunch the last time we were down at Tom's.   :P  It's "Feeling good, Louis!".  Trading Places.  1983   ;D  ;D  ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

postalkarl

Hey John:

Love the bridge. Is it A kit or scratch? Keep the pic flowing.

Karl

GPdemayo

Quote from: ReadingBob on January 24, 2020, 02:24:47 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on January 24, 2020, 02:19:40 PM

John

Oh c'mon man.   ::)  I told you at lunch the last time we were down at Tom's.   :P  It's "Feeling good, Louis!".  Trading Places.  1983   ;D ;D ;D

Oh crap.....I forgot. Must be having a senior moment.  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

cuse

Quote from: postalkarl on January 25, 2020, 05:00:50 AM
Hey John:

Love the bridge. Is it A kit or scratch? Keep the pic flowing.

Karl

Thanks Karl...It's from NE Brownstone, cast plaster pieces that can be reconfigured. Dave Emery did a great thread on his build.

postalkarl

Hey John:

You are quite welcome.

Karl

cuse

A little bit of work lately (mostly thinking). The "end" of my two sided layout is a critical scene/opportunity/crisis...I will have a beautiful Fos Dead Horse Bay featured prominently but I needed to create a transition from basically flat waterfront to my depiction of backwoods Maine on the other side of the curve. After meeting Joel Bragdon and his amazing rockwork system, my Maine hills look a little like the Rocky Mountains...so sue me - I like what I like  ;D . I'm a little bit Frary and a little bit Furlow....Here, I've started the foam landform and "shelf" where Dead Horse Bay will loom over the tunnel below. Ultimately, the rock faces will start on the pink foam and escalate in drama as they round the corner. On the "rockier side", I plan to build the mountainside around to a steep and dramatic cliff above the river and stone bridge. I always enjoy reading over my plans on this thread as I rarely complete anything as originally intended.

ReadingBob

Looking good John!  Very good indeed!   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on April 12, 2020, 11:35:14 AM
Very nice John..... 8)

Great to see you back at the layout. Looking fantastic.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

Bob, Greg, and Tom...thanks for checking in. I appreciate it!

John

S&S RR

John

It is great to see you back working on your layout - beautiful work my friend.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

engine909

Your modeling is more than a little bit amazing.
ed

Jerry

What a fine looking scene this will make.
From the water to the woods great idea and I'm sure it will all blend together nicely.
Besides it your RR and what looks nice to you is all that counts.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

cuse

Thanks much, Jerry and Ed.

John, thanks for checking in...what are your thoughts on St Louis NNGC?

I wonder if it's possible to buy CHEAP flights now for future dates. risky?

John