Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on February 13, 2020, 11:05:28 PM
Multitasking as usual, John!

Nice progress all round.

Cheers, Mark.

Hi Mark

Yes, Multitasking - it's just how I work. Thank you for stopping by the thread and the kind words.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

I took some pictures of the track work changes. I hope to get them posted tonight.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here is a picture of the future site of the town of Sellios after the track changes. The cornerstone of the town - Bob Butts Avrams build is in position. The town will grow around it.

John Siekirk

pbltrains

Nice work as always John.  I enjoy reading your updates.

Seth P.
Minnesota

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

postalkarl

Hey John:

WOW!!! that gonna be a beautiful scene when its done. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

karl

Jerry

What a great looking start to the town.  Can't wait to see what you do with this area.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: pbltrains on February 16, 2020, 01:57:02 AM
Nice work as always John.  I enjoy reading your updates.

Seth P.
Minnesota

Seth

Thank you for the kind words and for following along. I sure enjoyed visiting your wonderful layout.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on February 16, 2020, 06:12:33 AM
Can't wait to see the town taking form.

Jan

Thank you for stopping by the thread.  This will be the next big area that I will be working on after the Eagles Nest Yard is complete.  I'm doing a lot of design work on my iPad to get ready. It will take a lot of structure builds to complete this town. The area on the South side of the river will be called VanGelder and on the North Side is Sellios.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on February 16, 2020, 08:07:38 AM
Hey John:

WOW!!! that gonna be a beautiful scene when its done. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

karl

Karl

This is a big area - there will be a lot of structure builds in my future to complete it.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on February 16, 2020, 10:38:27 AM
What a great looking start to the town.  Can't wait to see what you do with this area.

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for following along and stay tuned - as always I will post progress pictures.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I took some pictures for a future project and thought I would share them.  This is the Isaac's Mountain area of the layout.  The background mountains are in and I just rerouted the mainline through the area.  I'm working on some design sketches for the area when I'm traveling and a clay mockup of the area is planned to confirm the design. This will be a waterfront scene with the town "think Franklin" on the mountain side.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Imagine a light house on the point, a shipyard, and structures with a switchback road up the mountainside. The highest level plateau has a narrow gauge line running through it. You can see a trestle that is installed on the far right of the first picture. It will be a couple years before we see construction in this area.
John Siekirk

vinceg

Wow, John, cheez. Shades of John Allen. Looks great. Phenomenal.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee