Sierra West Logging Camp Essentials

Started by postalkarl, June 13, 2019, 02:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi Curt & Dick:

thanks for the compliments. Much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Dave:

Yeah It's a shame you can't get the stuff anymore. Thanks for the tip.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

Today I assembled the front porch and the barrel platform. Also chose all the castings shown in the photos. Here's a pic.

Karl

deemery

Here's Paper Creek tarpaper, where I colored the edges using a grey artist marker, as well as the corrugated siding on the walls.  Also Paper Creek brick for the foundation.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jerry

Nice job on the roofing.  A good choice to change them!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hey Jerry:

Thanks much. I'm working on painting and weathering a bunch of castings for this structure to finish it up and move on.

Kar.

postalkarl

Hi All:

Finished up the Fuel Depot structure today. Took A pic nect to the kitchen which is also finished. On to the accessories for the fuel depot. I believe there is 3 mor structures to go.

Karl

Dennis Bourey

Karl, What a great job!!!! I love the roof and they way the color's run together....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

tooStupid

Heh Karl, It seems to tie altogether as a good mini-scene. (I still wonder how the drums got on the platform? :P

Great as usual.

postalkarl

Hey Dennis:

Thanks for the great compliment. Much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Marty:

Glad you like it. Thanks. I guess the employees put them on the platform.

Karl

postalkarl

Marty:

Just looked at the plans. When installed on the diorama there is narrow gauge track behind the fuel depot. So I will assume they will be loaded and unloaded to the plat form from there. I will not be building the diorama as my friend will install the kit directly on his layout.

Karl

Opa George

Great structures, Karl. This is building into one heck of a scene.  I didn't realize there were so many structures in the kit. You've kept a really nice consistency in their appearance throughout the build that keeps them looking like they all belong together so far.
--George

GPdemayo

Just caught up Karl.....great job.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey George:

Thanks for the great compliment. Glad you like how they look ling they belong together. Thanks much appreciated.

Karl