C&O K3, 2-8-2 Mikado Painting

Started by ACL1504, May 29, 2020, 06:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I'm back! Took some time off from painting brass and got many 1:1 projects finished.

I also finished the K3 painting. I still need to add the coal load. If I added it today, the Judge wouldn't be able to run it tomorrow. The coal load will be added in the days to come.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Cab interior light installed along with the crew. This time I used a standing Fireman to add a little different look to some of the locos.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

EricQuebec

jerryrbeach

Tom,

As usual, simply stunning.  I like the lighted cab interior.  Are you planning to post a video for those of us that cannot see this gem in person?  (Hint, hint.)
Jerry

Zephyrus52246

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

coors2u

Tom, you are a true man of your craft. You take things most wouldn't attempt and put out true artwork. I love seeing these beauties come to life.
Dustin

S&S RR

Tom

Fantastic work my friend.  A beautiful piece of art, as was said above.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: EricQuebec on June 26, 2020, 05:16:25 PM
Very nice work :)
Eric

Eric,

Thanks very much, this one was fun to do.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on June 26, 2020, 06:57:02 PM
Tom,

As usual, simply stunning.  I like the lighted cab interior.  Are you planning to post a video for those of us that cannot see this gem in person?  (Hint, hint.)

Jerry,

Thank you for the compliment. I try to light the cabs when the locos have decent cab interiors.

I didn't get a chance to do a video this past Saturday so hopefully we'll get one this weekend.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: coors2u on June 27, 2020, 07:04:08 PM
Tom, you are a true man of your craft. You take things most wouldn't attempt and put out true artwork. I love seeing these beauties come to life.

Dustin,

Great to see you my friend. It's been awhile. Your very generous compliment is much appreciated. I love to see this come to life as well.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on June 28, 2020, 07:46:27 PM
Tom

Fantastic work my friend.  A beautiful piece of art, as was said above.

John,

Thank you as well, as said above. Much appreciate you checking in.  8) ;D

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com