2020 build challenge - wharf and cannery

Started by Mark Dalrymple, January 01, 2020, 06:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Mark, the rocks turned out very nice. It really has an authentic wharf feel to it already.
--Opa George

MAP

Really looks great Mark!  I'm liking the rock coloration.
Mark

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteWell done, I love the old weathered wood look. The rocks are natural looking also.

Thanks very much, Tom.

I cut all the ends off the timber and put them aside.  They have chunks off the top which is lovely and rustic, so I will use them moving forwards in one way or another - maybe piles left behind from a previous wharf.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteMark, As usual some fine modeling. I'll be following along. Building a wharf is on my bucket list. However, since I model Colorado, it will be a mountain wharf.

Thanks, Larry.

I look forward to your mountain wharf in the future.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteMark, the rocks turned out very nice. It really has an authentic wharf feel to it already.

Thanks, George.

I had a lot of fun playing with those rocks - composing.  A great exercise for garden landscaping.  I guess when they weigh half a ton, you don't wont to much 'well that's OK, but can we just try swapping those two around and moving that one back to the far corner where is was before and...'

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteReally looks great Mark!  I'm liking the rock coloration

Thanks, Mark.

I was busy yesterday trying to chase down some moss in the right colour.  I trip to my hobby shop where I planned to just walk in, by Woodland Scenics light green fine turf and walk out again, was a total failure.  Apparently they don't make light green in fine turf.  Instead I spent ages hunting the shelves for something else that would work.

Cheers, Mark.