FSM Kit #35 2 Stall engine House

Started by postalkarl, July 06, 2020, 05:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Looks good Karl.....the stone looks much better than the pebbles that come with the kit, but I have yet to figure out why the stone is on the side of the building in the first place.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey Greg:

I will assume the stone is the foundation.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

Thanks very much appreciated.

Karl

GPdemayo

Quote from: postalkarl on July 13, 2020, 04:42:49 PM
Hey Greg:

I will assume the stone is the foundation.

Karl

That's what I though years ago when I built mine, but after some years in the business I've learned different.

The only explanation I can come up with is that it is supposed to represent a decorative veneer. That doesn't make much sense, given the fact that most railroads would not spend money on unnecessary decorative stuff for their utility type structures. Oh well.....who knows?  ???
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Greg:

You may be right. Who know lots of RR's in this country. We sure don't know what they all did. Anything is possible.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Guys:

Here's A few progress pics. Walls are assembled, rails and wood floor are laid.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

A friend of mine laser cut new skylights for me. Here's A photo of the parts and the bottom right of an assemble one. I think they are pretty cool.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

Here are the 4 skylights assembled. Took me about 1/2 an hour.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Working on the rear set of doors to be added to the engine house Maybe pics later this afternoon.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Here's A few progress pics. Added the wooden column between the 2 front doors and engine house doors to the rear door. Here's A few pics. I guess I'll work on the interior next.

Karl

jerryrbeach

Karl,

As usual, beautiful modeling.  And, seems like I say this every time, love your color choices.
Jerry

PRR Modeler

Beautiful color choice and modeling.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey Jerry and Curt:

Thanks much for the great compliments. Much appreciated. Next is the interior. I'm building the work benches. Not many castings with this one so I will have to supply my own. Not A problem as I have lots of them.

Karl

Opa George

Very nice, Karl. Curt and Jerry are right about your color choices. It just looks so good. You are the champion on that level.
--Opa George