WALTHAM CLOCK COMPANY ho bash

Started by hairball, December 21, 2019, 12:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairball

Okay , I thought lets show this one , its HO scale, to all the people and see if they can figure out what kit's its origins are.   ???????

Material is USA Gypsum hydrocal white.

Its coloured using a heavily brewed dark tea and extra scoops of coffee.

Let the guessing begin !!!

mike lynch...HAIRBALL

hairball

SECOND SET OF PICTURES

MIKE

richbeau

Wonderful FSM Chippy Hollow bash - love the imaginative work.
--Rich

hairball

our first contestant says fsm  CHIPPY HOLLOW HARDWARE..............but that's only part of it !!!

no winner yet !

mike lynch.......HAIRBALL

Janbouli

I don't know my kits good enough to see what was bashed here , I do know I love the work that has been done , marvelous build.
I love photo's, don't we all.

NEMMRRC

GPdemayo

Don't have a clue, but really neat looking structure.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

hairball

Gee ,   am I going to have to offer a dozen box of honey glazed donuts ( tim hortons of coarse ) as a prize. ??????????

If you have ***built*** FSM kits and know your stuff , I thought this should be easy.

Okay you guys off to your closet stash of FSM kits and study the box tops.

mike lynch...MADMIKE3434................HAIRBALL

SteveCuster

Looks like Chippy Hollow and Swakhammers welding.
Steve Custer

hairball

Quote from: SteveCuster on December 22, 2019, 01:44:34 PM
Looks like Chippy Hollow and Swakhammers welding.

[/ LADIES AND GENTLEMAN BOYS AND GIRLS. WE GOT A WINNER. !!!!!!!!!!

STEVE CUSTER KNOWS HIS STUFF........U WANT THE DONUTS OR THE CASH EQUIVILENT
b]

MIKE LYNCH.............HAIRBALL

Mark Dalrymple

Nice bash.

Yes - I thought that might be the answer.  How is the Swakhammer's casting any different to the Chippy hollow's?  Or are we talking about something apart from the stone walls?

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

richbeau

@S&S RR  Yes John he's talking the cast walls. About half of Swakhammers is cast walls.

@hairball  Mike: After looking at it again I can see basically how you combined some of it but not the whole picture. Love it.
This is the sort of thing George loves to see.

--Rich

hairball

Quote from: mark dalrymple on December 22, 2019, 05:33:15 PM
Nice bash.

Yes - I thought that might be the answer.  How is the Swakhammer's casting any different to the Chippy hollow's?  Or are we talking about something apart from the stone walls?

Cheers, Mark.

I took rubber molds of Chippy Hollow main building, poured 4 walls of the front in hydrocal and 2 of the sides. I used a mill file to straight the joints where the 2 fronts butted together for front and back.  I found a picture of the grandfather clock sign and glued that to wood and mounted to the front to disguise the joint seam.  A lot of strengthening was done inside with wood to support the joint.

The Swackhammers side addition was cast exactly as in the kit.  it was a little wider than where it joined up to the main building so made another casting and cut it to give me those short pieces.

From there I just continued to develop ideas and add to the design..   I think I glued the grant line windows, engine house or rico e h windows on the inside , because georges windows are designed to fit his structures only.  The bricked in window openings were cast from some brick wall.

In the end I just kept adding detailing to it as I saw fit.  If you keep looking at it, you just keep adding more and more.     It got sold on ebay after the conversion from HO to O scale.

Its probably my most creative project started by the simple idea of wanting to make the main building larger and how to accomplish it.

mike lynch.....madmike3434..........HAIRBALL