Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on July 06, 2020, 08:25:38 PM
John, That's a gorgeous job. Can't believe the quality you do....Dennis

Dennis

Thank you for the kind words and for following along. I have a few progress pictures from this morning.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

A few progress pictures from this morning. It's starting to look like a roundhouse.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Beautiful looking. It will be a true centerpiece on the layout.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

vinceg

John -- of course, looking tremendous. Looks like it won't be long before you have the final scene.

I am just now noticing that you have an unusually fantastic collection of tools. All sorts of clamps, for example. Where do you keep them all ?!
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 06, 2020, 09:14:13 PM
Beautiful looking. It will be a true centerpiece on the layout.

Curt

Thank you for the encouraging words. I can't wait to get all my steam locomotives out of the boxes and load this roundhouse.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on July 06, 2020, 09:30:07 PM
John -- of course, looking tremendous. Looks like it won't be long before you have the final scene.

I am just now noticing that you have an unusually fantastic collection of tools. All sorts of clamps, for example. Where do you keep them all ?!

Vince

Yes, I have collected a lot of tools over the years. My favorite, and best tools, I inherited from my dad.  The materials and heat treating of the hand tools made 50 years ago are much better than what you can buy today.  The CFO of the S&S RR will be quick to inform you that I have also spent a lot of money on tools over the years.

The tools are stored on and in 5 work benches in my workshop. You will see builds going on on three of these workbenches most of the time. Two of the workbenches hold my saws, sanders, and various other power tools and provide working surfaces for subassemblies etc. I have a place for everything but keeping it in that place continues to be an issue.  At the end of every project I spend the time to put everything where it is supposed to go, which helps. Having the right tools definitely helps, especially as my hands don't work as well as they once did.
John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

John if I can ask a rather mundane question- Where are you planning on attaching the feeder wires for the RH tracks?
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 07, 2020, 09:26:08 AM
John if I can ask a rather mundane question- Where are you planning on attaching the feeder wires for the RH tracks?

Curt

That's actually a very good question. Since this is not my first Roundhouse build  (see the Stone Roundhouse build thread) the wires are going to be soldiered to the bottom of the tracks right next to the buildings. They will be very easy to hide when the roundhouse is installed on the layout.  I will be putting them on as one of the last workbench steps of the build.  All those wires are always in the way until you get the assembled roundhouse on the layout. I will try to remember to take a picture of the process when we get there.

John Siekirk