Forum Build Challenge Fall/Winter 2016

Started by Raymo, September 12, 2016, 04:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

The Rules are "BUILD SOMETHING", Anything, Just do a detailed build thread on it. Thanks for all that are participating in it. You have to February 1st to get it done except Mr Stevens whose supplies are packed up for a move. Tom seems to want to get started, so you all just gained 3 more weeks. If a manufacturer wants to pony up a prize to the build challenge, it will be THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to award it to who they think it should go to. I'm doing a build thread so I don't want to be involved in awarding prizes. Use this thread to show what you plan on building and then start a thread. I need to find something to build now. Build on!!

Raymo

So far the following people are in, Raymo, BandOGuy, JRMueller, ACL 1504, S&SRR, BobB, Reading Bob, NEMMRRC, Steve Custer, Zephrus 52246, bparrish, Janbouli, Paul S., rick.geerts.3, ak-milw, coors2u, jimmillho, Donato, mark dalrymple, Restocarp, GPdemayo,MAP, The Ukranian, Glassman, Rail & Tie, Twopoint2, TrainGuy2024, Pol.lux, and Bobby.  ;D

Raymo

This will be my Challenge build, Carolina Craftsman Kits Causeway Canning Company. I'll be making some changes to the water side of the building as you can see by the pencil marks on the photo. I'll be adding a door, and a platform to the 1st floor. If time allows, this will be part of a small diorama.

S&S RR

I just found this thread that answers the questions I had on the other thread.   Anyway, I will be building a small stone church for a mountain top scene on my layout. I don't have access to pictures tonight but will post them here in the next couple of days. I will also be starting a separate build thread per our instructions.  Thanks for getting this going Dan.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

Thanks John. This goes back to that discussion that You, Frank, Jaime and I had at lunch back in April about build threads.

martin.ojaste

I'm not too sure if I have a structure I can complete in 3 months. I figure something out though to scratch build.

coors2u

Dustin

donatode

O.K. all you show-offs .... count me in......

Mark Dalrymple

Sounds good. 

I'll do something.  I, too, have most of my modelling stuff in boxes waiting for our insurance payout and the inevitable move - but things just go so slowly!  Over 5 1/2 years since the earthquake that did the damage and still waiting!  Fortunately I have all the boxes well labelled so I should be able to find things as I need them.

Cheers, Mark.

Raymo

Raymo

Quote from: mark dalrymple on September 13, 2016, 01:31:02 AM
Sounds good. 

I'll do something.  I, too, have most of my modelling stuff in boxes waiting for our insurance payout and the inevitable move - but things just go so slowly!  Over 5 1/2 years since the earthquake that did the damage and still waiting!  Fortunately I have all the boxes well labelled so I should be able to find things as I need them.

Cheers, Mark.
Thanks Mark

restocarp

I will be participating in this contest with a kitbash of the Walthers Row House kit:

The link to my thread: http://modelersforum.com/kit-building/walthers-row-house-kitbash-build-challenge-2016/
Matt

GPdemayo

I'd like to join in the fun Dan.....I'll check the stash to see if I can come up with one that will fit the time frame.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ak-milw

I'm in, I will be doing the Sears "Solace" house for the challenge seeing that I haven't started it yet other than the build thread in scratch building. Should I cancel that thread and start another or can I just keep going on the started thread.