Forum Build Challenge Fall/Winter 2016

Started by Raymo, September 12, 2016, 04:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Raymo

Quote from: ak-milw on September 13, 2016, 08:13:39 PM
I'm in, I will be doing the Sears "Solace" house for the challenge seeing that I haven't started it yet other than the build thread in scratch building. Should I cancel that thread and start another or can I just keep going on the started thread.
Your scratchbuild with be fine Andy, Build on!

Raymo

21 people have committed to this challenge. Thank You All. When I started this yesterday, I would have been happy with 12. ;D

jimmillho

Somewhere I said I was in.

I am going to build Bar Mills Kit "Rustys Radiator Repair" for this Challenge.

Jim

Vilius

I will join. I love starting new kits. Just give me an excuse! I am not sure what I am going to build though.

Vilius

Raymo

We are up to 23 people with Mark and Vilius. Thanks

Raymo

Quote from: TheUkranian on September 14, 2016, 03:01:42 PM
I will join. I love starting new kits. Just give me an excuse! I am not sure what I am going to build though.

Vilius
That's the great thing about this challenge Vilius, It can be anything.

S&S RR

Here is my choice for the "First annual Raymo Build Challenge". I bought this kit at Mitchell's in Delaware, many years ago. Mitchell's was one of the great train shops where you always found something unique to bring home.  I bought a number of my yellow boxes there over the years.  I stopped in there every time we made the trip to Delaware to see my sister-in-law and her family. So I was sad a few years ago, when it wasn't there anymore.

I bought this kit with a location in mind.  It will be part of a residential area on the side of the mountain overlooking the town of Sellios on my S&S RR layout. I will post a picture of the location on the build thread. Let the games begin.

Follow-up: I did a search on Mitchell's to make sure that they closed and just didn't move when I went looking for them the last time.  Pleasant surprise - I have a new shop to go check out on my next trip to Delaware.  :)

Welcome to the Trains, Toys & Hobbies Website
Your ultimate resource for everything trains and hobbies.
The former Hobby Department Manager of Mitchell's Hobby Store in Wilmington, DE, decided to take over where he left off when Mitchell's closed their doors. Doug has opened his own store and is happy to continue offering the best products and services even the most demanding of train and hobby enthusiasts can appreciate.

Well Doug, we will be stoping in to see about that. ;)
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

EricQuebec

I'm In... with an Atlantic Scale Model Kit

I will make a small dio (around 6" x 6") and begin my thread around mid-october, 'cause before I must finish my last scratchbuild project...  That is, I think, my most beautiful scratchbuild building at this time.....

Eric Quebec city

Raymo