Something to ponder... How about a New Year's winter build challenge.

Started by Raymo, December 25, 2017, 11:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Quote from: Pol.lux on December 28, 2017, 02:15:20 PM
How many members we need...?
We have a definite 9 and maybe 2 more out of 400 registered members of this forum. I'll move forward with the challenge, and hopefully get 10 more build threads on the forum.

S&S RR

Quote from: Raymo on December 28, 2017, 07:57:08 PM
Quote from: Pol.lux on December 28, 2017, 02:15:20 PM
How many members we need...?
We have a definite 9 and maybe 2 more out of 400 registered members of this forum. I'll move forward with the challenge, and hopefully get 10 more build threads on the forum.

I think we will get many more - we have a number of our members traveling and off-line for the holidays. I say Full Steam Ahead!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

jrmueller

Can I give you a definite maybe. 2018 looks like some medical events maybe be in the offing so it's hard to plan ahead.  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

jimmillho

rpdylan

so what are the rules exactly?--- the whole diorama is 6 x 6 or the structure is 6x6?  is it just a structure build without it placed on a scenery base/diorama?.......
Bob C.

Raymo

Bob, my thought was any building 6"X 6" or less. But if you want to building flat that's 2" X 12" or a building that's 3" X 8" that's fine. It doesn't have to be a full diorama but if you want to go that far, that's OK too. I'll start a new thread on the contest threads board this weekend so people can show off what they're building and then you can do your thread under the kit building board.

Raymo

I forgot to mention you can build the kit stock or change it up as much as want.

Vince P

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

bparrish

Vince...

Welcome aboard.  There are not a lot of north westerners here but they let me hang around none the less.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Vince P

Thanks for the welcome all.

And yes us Nawth Westerners need to gang up lol.

ACL1504

Quote from: Vince P on January 05, 2018, 05:35:26 PM
Just joined in the fun here.

Count me in.

Vince,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you are joining in on the fun.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

whiskeyriver

Tom,  It's Florida............a stuffed alligator eating a 6 foot python!