Walthers #8 RH Code 83 turnout DCC version PN#948-8806

Started by NKP768, August 29, 2018, 08:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKP768

Seeking 1 Walthers #8 RH Code 83 turnout DCC version PN#948-8806. Will buy or have non-DCC version for trade. Thanks everyone.
Doug

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

vinceg

Hi Doug, welcome.

Have you scoured dealers on the Internet, yet? Given that Walthers has announced the discontinuation of their track products, people may be reluctant to part with things they have in hand. Also, lots of Peco and Atlas product lying around to be had.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

NKP768

Yes unfortunately I have (5 orders through dealers that show stock and 5 canceled credit card transactions). At this point I think my best
bet is a fellow modeler or the swap meet thing. This switch completes a double passing track off a main line and all the switches are Walthers - I'd like to keep all of the track work here from the same mfr. I have a Walthers #8 RH but it is the older style (non-DCC) -I had already upgraded the 2 LH and 1 RH in the passing sidings with the newer versions but some how missed this one. I have read articles where you can modify the older styles and where I have no problem modifying a brass locomotive, cutting and resoldering a turnout is not in my comfort zone.
Doug

ACL1504

Doug,

I have what I think is a Walthers #10 RH, could be an 8 not sure. It doesn't state any # on the bottom like others, This one is DCC friendly. I also have two  #6 LH Walthers DCC friendly turnouts if you can use them. I'll also check our local HS for the #8 turnout.

I don't need anything for them if you can use them.

Send me a PM with your address and I'll send them all to you, no charge.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

NKP768,

Our local HS has 3 Walthers #8 DCC RH turnouts in stock.

I sent you a PM with all the information.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

NKP768

ACL1504

Doug,

You are very welcome. Oh, welcome to the forum.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com