Picture Size Test

Started by S&S RR, April 24, 2014, 08:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: gnatshop on April 25, 2014, 01:08:36 PM
John, I've found that signing on to the forum seems to activate the forum software to resize pictures.

If I view the forum without signing on, many pictures are oversize and have scroll bars to see
the entire picture!
Signing on solves this problem and the entire picture fits the thread!
Found that out when looking at your Camp 18 pictures.

David

It seems to do different thinks to the pictures depending on incoming size.  I'm not sure what the sign in process would do?

Looks like I have a solution - pre-process to 1100 pixels and add the pictures to the gallery using lesson number 2 -  it just needs to be tested over the next few weeks with different pictures from different sources. My pictures are coming from four different camera's ; iPhone 5, Ipad with retina display, and my old and newer SLR cameras with 8 M and 15 M picture sizes.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Janbouli

I see the 1200 one fine without scrolling , and I have my browsers sidebar on for favorites aswell.
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on April 25, 2014, 02:34:11 PM
I see the 1200 one fine without scrolling , and I have my browsers sidebar on for favorites aswell.

Jan

I settled on 1100 because I lost the scroll bars on the smaller monitors and all three browsers.  We will see if the 1100 setting works for everyone over the next few days.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad