CCK Cape Fear Bunkhouse AKA Rockingham Co. Grange Hall No. 6

Started by Raymo, February 17, 2014, 07:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

I spent the rest of my morning cutting the rafter tails to be added after the roof sets up

Raymo

Raymo

Trying to get back on track with this build, I was able to get the rafter tails glued to the underside of the roof and fascia boards to the ends

Raymo

I spent alot of time figuring out and building the enclosed staircase for the end of the building.I didn't spend any time taking pictures documenting it but here's the end result after applying the A&I wash.

Raymo

Checking the fit to the building

Raymo

I painted it to match the building and attached it to the building. I then cut the roof pieces to fit and added them to the stairway.

Raymo

I cut the roofing down to a scale 4'x8' pieces and painted them with grey automotive primer and then dry-brushed them bright silver

Raymo

I applied some pre-colored tar paper I had on hand to the enclosed stairway

Raymo

I then used some 4x4 stripwood to build the stairway support. I'll add another support part way down the stairs but not till the end of the build

Raymo

Some transfer tape was applied to the roof and the roof panels were applied

Raymo

Thats it for this installment,I'll try to post more progress tomorrow. Raymo

bparrish

The outside stairway is really cool with the upper brackets.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

DEFugere

Enjoying your build, color choice is spot on. I've grown to love covered outside stairs. I am adding one to my scratch build. Good progress!

David

Raymo

Bob,Tom,and Dave,Thanks for your comments on my build. I never would have thought that back stairway would have taken as long as it did to build,but I'm happy with the results. I had a W.T.F. moment this weekend when I put a small tip on my super glue bottle to flow some along the peak of the roof. All went well for the first inch until the tip fell off and I dumped a big glob on the roof. Luckily I keep a can of compressed air near the workbench and I blew as much as I could off the roof  before it set up. After it dried,I sanded the affected panels with some fine grit sand paper down to the paint without wearing through. When I gave the roof an A&I wash, they weathered up like the rest of the roof so I got a pass on that mistake.