B&O RR 2-8-0 painting - B&O Guy will like this one.

Started by ACL1504, March 29, 2020, 05:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: BandOGuy on April 21, 2020, 05:08:22 PM
Thanks for the instruction and inspiration, Tom.

Chip,

You are very welcome and I'm happy I got your firebox hot. 8)

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Judge on April 21, 2020, 05:34:34 PM
This is one of my favorite locos.  The H-5 was of USRA design and had drivers a little larger than the more famous H-6, the last of which is in the B&O Museum in Baltimore.  This old hog could really pull those coal hoppers up and down the mountains.  The painted, finished model ought to be an outstanding addition to the A&S as another example of a Central Florida railroad leasing needed steam power to lug heavy trains up the Ovalix.  Four miles an hour, five miles an hour, who cares!  Greg will have to keep his hands off of this one!

Judge,

This one will also be decaled for the C&O as the A&S RR is always willing to try new motive power. We have an unlimited supply of coal and BS.

Greg won't have the patience to pull the throttle two notches and leave it there.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 21, 2020, 05:50:37 PM
This is one of my favorite locos.  The H-5 was of USRA design and had drivers a little larger than the more famous H-6, the last of which is in the B&O Museum in Baltimore.  This old hog could really pull those coal hoppers up and down the mountains.  The painted, finished model ought to be an outstanding addition to the A&S as another example of a Central Florida railroad leasing needed steam power to lug heavy trains up the Ovalix.  Four miles an hour, five miles an hour, who cares!  Greg will have to keep his hands off of this one!

Judge,

This one will also be decaled for the C&O as the A&S RR is always willing to try new motive power. We have an unlimited supply of coal and BS.

Greg won't have the patience to pull the throttle two notches and leave it there.

Tom ;D

Wanna bet - I'll put a quarter on keeping it under 20.... ::) .....and tell Bill "not a chance"  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on April 21, 2020, 06:20:05 PM

Judge,

Tom ;D

Wanna bet - I'll put a quarter on keeping it under 20.... ::) .....and tell Bill "not a chance"  ;)

Greg,

In betting lingo,  come big or stay at home. .25, really?  ;D ;D

Tom   ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Is this a new policy on the A&S?  Loco distancing for Greg?  :P

That is one beautiful locomotive.   :D  I can sure understand why the Judge likes it, wants it painted and in active service.  I can't wait to see the finished product.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 21, 2020, 06:48:51 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on April 21, 2020, 06:20:05 PM

Judge,

Tom ;D

Greg,

In betting lingo,  come big or stay at home. .25, really?  ;D ;D

Tom   ;D

It's called being thrifty..... ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: ReadingBob on April 21, 2020, 07:22:16 PM
Is this a new policy on the A&S?  Loco distancing for Greg?  :P

That is one beautiful locomotive.   :D  I can sure understand why the Judge likes it, wants it painted and in active service.  I can't wait to see the finished product.

Et tu Butts..... :o
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

tct855

I agree with the Judge on this loco,  I rebuilt a plastic version of this loco into a Rio Grande version a few years ago to see if I could.  http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50426   Thanx Thom...  P.S.  I forgot I have an old (not very good) test run video Dick Elwell & I made of this model.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQuQHv1UeY0 

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on April 22, 2020, 11:15:06 AM

Thom,

Your model is absolutely stunning. Well done sir.

Tom  ;D

I agree with the Judge on this loco,  I rebuilt a plastic version of this loco into a Rio Grande version a few years ago to see if I could.  http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50426   Thanx Thom...  P.S.  I forgot I have an old (not very good) test run video Dick Elwell & I made of this model.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQuQHv1UeY0
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com