Laser Cutting and Engraving

Started by dougkast, November 16, 2014, 07:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougkast

dougkast

Janbouli

Thanks Doug , I guess the speed these lasercutters can achieve is dependent on the wattage? 
I love photo's, don't we all.

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

halrey

Quote from: Janbouli on November 16, 2014, 08:09:50 AM
Thanks Doug , I guess the speed these lasercutters can achieve is dependent on the wattage?

Jan,
Yes in part, if the material is hard or thick you may slow the laser down so it can cut deeper. I think the bridge video has been sped up.
Hal
Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

dougkast

Hal...I went to the new Essex Aggie open house on Saturday now Called Essex Tech in Danvers, MA. They have a CNC Machine Shop course. They were displaying a couple of Laser Cutters. I'm wondering if they'll be an Adult Education course on laser cutters offered in January , Something for me to think about.

halrey

Quote from: dougkast on November 16, 2014, 10:22:20 AM
Hal...I went to the new Essex Aggie open house on Saturday now Called Essex Tech in Danvers, MA. They have a CNC Machine Shop course. They were displaying a couple of Laser Cutters. I'm wondering if they'll be an Adult Education course on laser cutters offered in January , Something for me to think about.

I bet they do, boy I forgot all about the courses up there.
Good idea.
Hal
Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

dougkast

Laser Cutter Tutorial - FabLab@School - Part 1 of 3: Creating Files in CorelDraw.

Part 2

Part 3