The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Howdy all,

This morning the Judge and I put the Southern MS-4, 2-8-2 through the paces. We tried it last Saturday but one of the side rod screws backed out and wedged between the main rod and right side rods.

After an extensive repair in the Atlantic and Southern Shop, the screw was removed, main rod straightened and the side rod screw was reset.

What you see is a drone view of the Southern MS-4 working hard on the east side of the Atlantic and Southern Railroad.

Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiJpdIFkWfE
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Blazeman

Really long run through the country.  Very realistic. 

NKP768

Great video Tom - nice job on the SRR Mike. By the way, got the eccentric cranks for the Key Mike and they look like direct replacements albeit with a set screw. I got mine through Greenway Products.
Doug

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Blazeman on August 02, 2020, 09:49:46 AM
Really long run through the country.  Very realistic.

Larry,

This was a fun one to do. A little jerky but I'm getting there. Thanks for watching the video.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: NKP768 on August 03, 2020, 11:17:23 AM
Great video Tom - nice job on the SRR Mike. By the way, got the eccentric cranks for the Key Mike and they look like direct replacements albeit with a set screw. I got mine through Greenway Products.
Doug

Doug,

Thank you. The mike was nice to do. PFM/United and Key locos are no problem.

Glad you got the eccentric cranks for the loco. I'll have to check the Greenway Products info.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I needed to cut back into the river bank so the dock pilings would fit and the two docks align with each other.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I then back filled the river bank with the Fusion Fiber.

While the material was still damp, I pressed the back pilings into the fiber, removed the dock and let the stuff dry over night.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

nycjeff

Tom, I really enjoyed your last video. You have raised the bar that all model railroaders try ro reach. Thank you for all you do to promote our hobby. Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

This looks really good so far. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I love dock scenes. The 2 Campbell docks and buildings that go with them was one of my favorites. I built it many years ago and donated it to one of the Model RR clubs around here.

Karl

Karl

S&S RR

Tom

The docks look great, I love the variation you achieved with the stain.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad