Bar Mills Springfield Station

Started by postalkarl, April 03, 2020, 03:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi All:

Here is my next build. Artie sent me this kit to test build on the forum.

Karl

Oldguy

Oh, good.  I heard he was closing down for a bit so I bought a gas station.  I'm guessing they would go together about the same.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

jerryrbeach

Karl,

Looking forward to the build.  I believe Bar Mills has a slightly different version of this same kit so a modeler can build a pair of small stations with a "family look".

Bob,

Art had to stop production because Maine has forced closure of all non-essential businesses.  Art is still there, he will ship orders from existing stock, and is offering free shipping to the US.  Details are on the Bar Mills Facebook page.

Jerry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jerry

Looking forward to the build Karl.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hey Guys:

Thanks for coming along the build.

Karl

postalkarl

Bob D

What gas station did you get?

Karl

Oldguy

Quote from: postalkarl on April 04, 2020, 12:51:12 PM
Bob D

What gas station did you get?

Karl
Bud Smileys.  I had to get back in and find out.  Didn't realize that there was more than one.  Smileys is a better fit for my area anyway.  I seem to have a thing for Texacos.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

postalkarl

Hey Bob:

Here's the one I scratch built and gave to George. It resides on the F&SM RR. I built it from A photo of the real gas station. Artie turned it into Bud Smiley's. He did not include the side Garage.

Karl

Lynnb

Karl I haven't caught up on your previous builds yet  :o
Following when I get caught up  :)
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

postalkarl

Hey Lynn:

sounds good. Glad to have you aboard.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey All:

Got a little work done today. I painted all the parts. I changed my colors to Depot Buff and Depot Olive. Here's A photo.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

The Walls and platform are ready for assembly. I added extra bracing to 3 of the walls not included in the kit or the instructions. The 4 braces next to the corner trim were added to add a gluing surface for the side walls. On the freight door wall I added the two outer pieces as this wall is very fragile. Here's A few Photos.

Karl

ACL1504

Karl,

Nice start on the station.

Your Richfield Gas Station is my favorite gas station of all time and of any kit now or on the market in the past.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

thanks buddy much appreciated. Bar Mills makes A kit of it. Bud Smileys Gas Stop. It's A Texaco Station.

Karl