FOS Bandits Roost

Started by Opa George, October 14, 2019, 08:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteThanks very much, Mark. I'm really pleased you picked up on that. I try to use the concept of odd groupings, 3s, 5s, 7s, for eye appeal. I was aware the mill row and the main factory made a group of two high points, and felt I needed that third one to round it out.

The eye bounces down nicely from the mill tower to the highest chimney to the top of the water tower too.  I often find smoke stacks great for leading the eye around a scene - probably why I have so many of them!

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

George

Very nice work.  I too, love all the elevation changes.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

George,

Wonderful, just wonderful. I love all the colors and the different levels. The diorama brings it all together.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

George,

Elevation changes and composition are great, really looking forward to seeing the "rest of the story", as you add grass, bushes, trees, etc.  FWIW, I recently built Staton Marine.  I plan to use mine as a small barn, like the versatility of the Bar Mills design.
Jerry

Jerry

George

What can be said after all the compliments??

Except what a wonderful scene you have created!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln