Wanted to Buy - Mainline & Siding # 519 Jack Brown Barrel in HO scale

Started by bandman, January 19, 2024, 08:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandman

Looking to buy a Mainline and Siding Kit #519 Jack Brown Barrel in HO scale.
If you have any information on this kit would be helpful also.  One more point...if anyone has the kit and would not mind sharing the instruction sheet, that would work as well and perhaps could be scratched in that manner.

Thank you,

Horton Monroe
modeler902@gmail.com

Mark Dalrymple

Great looking kit!

In case you didn't know it comes with a Highway miniatures truck, over 50 barrels, a ton of stripwood (apparently pre stained) and Campbell shingles for the roof.  I found the Troels Kirk method of painting Campbell shingles works very well.  Make sure you do a build thread if you get one!

Cheers, Mark.

bandman

Thanks, Mark.

I appreciate your information.  I am looking for this for a good friend of mine who is not on any of these Forums.  I have put out a WTB on Groups.IO, but have not had any responses at all there. I hope someone will chime in here with more info.

Horton

Mark Dalrymple

Hi Horton.

There are a few here.
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/mainline-siding-jack-browns-barrel-co-1901911897

And here.  (you can see the size of the stripwood bundles - which suggests to me the whole structure is board on board)
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/mainline-siding-ho-jack-browns-barrel-1854059251

That's all I know about at present.  It might be worth keeping an eye out at brasstrains.com - they sell second hand craftsman kits.

Cheers, Mark.

bandman

Thanks again, Mark.

Yes, I am aware of Worthpoint, but had not checked there. And, thank you for posting your comments. Perhaps it will open more doors.

Horton M.

bandman

If anyone would give me an opinion on this question I have...if I wanted to alter the post, should I just create a new one, or do what I am doing here and just reply to my own post?  The alteration would be to add that if anyone had the plans/instructions to the kit, I would be willing to discuss that possibility also.

Thanks for any replies on this question.

JimGF51

Horton, you can edit your original post, there should be a Edit button in the msg pane. But doing as you have been works, as it then will show as a New post, to let folks know.

Jim

bandman

Thanks, Jim.  Your points are well taken, and I think I will just leave it as is for now.  I may even do both...haha.

Horton