Dinner Dress

Started by jaybeckham, October 11, 2017, 04:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybeckham

Do most of you dress up, sport coat and tie?  Are just casual, but nicer than during the clinics?

Jay

deemery

Bee suit is optional.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

jaybeckham

Dave
I was being serious.
Jay

deemery

So was I.  No one has worn a bee suit for a long time, it seemed to be a Scott Mason signature.  ;D

At the one Expo I attended, it seemed most people wore to dinner what they wore to the rest of the show.  A few might have added a sports jacket, but that could also have been because it got a little chilly. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

RailroadKits

Yes Jay. A bee suit. No joke. Doug Foscale & I still don't get it.

Take a look through the image gallery. Most are dressed pretty casual.
http://modelersforum.com/gallery/?cat=10

Jimmy

jaybeckham

I googled Bee Suit.  It is the coveralls and head pieces that Bee Keepers wear to prevent being stung.

RWL

Jay,

If it had been a beekeepers outfit it would have been more plausible, albeit odd. Instead it was a bee, stripes, antennae and spindly legs, a rather portly bee if I remember right. The reasoning behind the outfit no one but Mr. Mason knows.

As far as dinner attire, as Dave pointed out most people dress casual, and Jimmy's suggestion to look at pictures of past banquets will answer your question. Most of the ladies dress for the occasion, but then they dress better than most of us modelers anyway.

Bob

Janbouli

If you can wear a Philly Flyers shirt to a dinner I guess it's everything goes  ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.

cuse

Ive been to a few (even the Bee suit event :o )...dress casual, save your luggage space for all of the kits you buy!

John

BandOGuy

I've never been to any of the banquets, but I do know that you should dress appropriately if you plan to approach the dais and kiss "The Ring".  8) ;)
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

bparrish

OK...

I'll bite..........

What is a bee suit........... we here in the west don't read the New Yorker and GQ

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

S&S RR

Quote from: bparrish on October 12, 2017, 12:13:59 PM
OK...

I'll bite..........

What is a bee suit........... we here in the west don't the New Yorker and GQ

see ya
Bob

Bob

Scott Mason wore a Bee Costume to the banquet a few years back.  I think he wanted to get extra use out of his Halloween Costume. I don't know - it must be one of those East Coast things that we don't understand in the Midwest and West.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

bparrish

John........

OK...... I think I have it.

As in bumble bee.......

The 60's were pretty good to you boys in the east.

California gets a bad rap.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Slim Jerkins

Quote from: S&S RR on October 12, 2017, 12:46:44 PM
Quote from: bparrish on October 12, 2017, 12:13:59 PM
OK...

I'll bite..........

What is a bee suit........... we here in the west don't the New Yorker and GQ

see ya
Bob

Bob

Scott Mason wore a Bee Costume to the banquet a few years back.  I think he wanted to get extra use out of his Halloween Costume. I don't know - it must be one of those East Coast things that we don't understand in the Midwest and West.

...or the rest of the East Coast, West Coast and all points between for that matter.

-slim

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL