Early Arrivals Dinner?

Started by Dave K., October 21, 2017, 10:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave K.

Would us Wednesday arrivals like to pull a dinner together? We could start a phone list. I'm getting in to Pitts early (8:30 am) but puttering along back roads sightseeing.
     Dave K. 630-697-6094

donatode

Hey Dave, good idea. I also should be arriving on Wed. in the afternoon.
Donato 1 917 453 4700

Dave K.

Alright...we're rolling! 👍🏻

gleiphart

Hi guys. I will be getting in late afternoon and staying at the Holiday Inn. I am all new to this but am so thrilled! It was an item on my bucket list. I am from York PA. I have the Baron Pass so I guess we will all get to know one another. All the work I have seen looks fantastic. My wife is my partner but not as fully engaged in the clinics etc.

My cell is (717) 309-5344. I do not answer unknown numbers so leave a message or text. Thanks. I cannot fully commit at this time to dinner but would like to stay in the loop.

Dave K.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Starting a list.

S&S RR

I plan on getting to the Hotel late afternoon on Wednesday. I already talked to Bob Butts about having dinner but I see no reason why it can't be a party.  So count us in. I'm assuming that's okay with Bob. ;)
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dave K.

ReadingBob

Quote from: S&S RR on October 21, 2017, 10:19:23 PM
I plan on getting to the Hotel late afternoon on Wednesday. I already talked to Bob Butts about having dinner but I see no reason why it can't be a party.  So count us in. I'm assuming that's okay with Bob. ;)

Fine by me!   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Dave K.

We've got a nice list growing. When it gets closer we'll see if anyone knows Altoona enough to recommend eateries.

Raymo

Dave, there are plenty of places to eat on Plank Road in the area of the Convention Center. Most of the big chain restaurants are in the area plus some local chains. One is Hoss's Steak & Seafood, you order your main course when you enter, then find a seat, order your drinks and then hit the soup and salad bar. There used to be a Hooter's but it shut down a few years ago.

Dave K.

Thanks, Dan. We'll have to see what our numbers end up being and see who can accommodate the group. 👍🏻

Slim Jerkins

Lisa and I will be rolling in sometime Wednesday afternoon. I booked a room for Wednesday night because I wasn't sure when my clinic was going to be on Thursday. We live only about two hours away in the suburbs of Pittsburgh. Rather than cancelling the extra night I figured we would do some bike riding to make up for any Mallo Cups that might get consumed while in Altoonie.

Some people might be familiar with Pittsburgh's notorious Primanti Brothers sandwich. There's a location not far from the convention center:  http://www.primantibros.com/locations/altoona_pa/ I'm just throwing it out there for anyone that wants to scratch it off their bucket list.

-slim
412-889-4302 (text or leave message - I don't answer unknowns either)

plandry

Myself and 2 friends will be arriving in the afternoon and would love to join in . My cell # is 519-761-7407 . Send me a text

Dave K.

Looks like we're up to 10. 👍🏻

Dave K.