Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hey John:

You are really working hard and fairly quickly also. It looks better every day.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on January 28, 2020, 05:54:56 PM
Hey John:

You are really working hard and fairly quickly also. It looks better every day.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for the complements. I have three FSM builds currently underway plus I'm working on the track work for the mainline so the progress each day on any one build is slow.  It's just the way I like to work. I don't spend any time watching the glue dry. ;)
John Siekirk

NEMMRRC

Looking good.

In the past I have used double sided tape from 3M to build on top of a template. 3M makes a non-permanent double sided tape you can buy in the office supplies section. It works great to hold the stip wood right on top of the paper template. I have tried using a sheet of glass as John has done and had a bit of trouble lining up everything. Perhaps my sheet of glass was too thick.

Looking forward to more progress on this build.

Jaime

S&S RR

Quote from: NEMMRRC on February 02, 2020, 11:07:24 AM
Looking good.

In the past I have used double sided tape from 3M to build on top of a template. 3M makes a non-permanent double sided tape you can buy in the office supplies section. It works great to hold the stip wood right on top of the paper template. I have tried using a sheet of glass as John has done and had a bit of trouble lining up everything. Perhaps my sheet of glass was too thick.

Looking forward to more progress on this build.

Jaime

Jaime

Thank you for following along.  The glass I use for the template work is real thin. The double stick tape on the templates sounds like a good method of keeping things were you put them. I need to give it a try. Thank you for the tip.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: The four walls have been completed on the templates and I'm to the step in the instructions where the four walls are to be glued together (tomorrows task). Here is a picture of the wall sections.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I got the four walls together and started adding some of the trim pieces.  Next step is to add the interior bracing and walls.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I just got a call from Tom Boyd to let me know that the one side wall should line up with the roof line on the front and back walls and not the base.  I took another look at the pictures and while I was talking to Tom I slide a number 11 ex-acto knife along the wall joint and cut the sidewall loose.  It is now glued in the right place and sitting on my workbench waiting for the glue to dry.  Thank you Tommy! I'm glad Tommy let me know before I got further along and discovered the error.  It sure helps to have all these eyes watching your builds on the forum. ;)  I will post some new pictures of the assembly with the wall in the correct location after the glue dries.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I took some pictures of the setup I used to hold everything in place nice and square while the glue tried.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk