Western Railroad (modelin')

Started by 7thStreetShops, June 07, 2020, 12:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7thStreetShops

Just to share a few projects that turned out pretty well. (Maybe we're starting to figure out what we are doin'; tearin' apart other people's stuff (and putting it back together).

7thStreetShops

tct855

Derrell,
         Very nicely done! I like the color of red on the locomotive.  I've always wanted to paint a locomotive something other than black or green.  Muhmm, I think I'll set my sights on doing just that this year.

Question: Do these models have sound as well?  If so, which decoder/speakers did you use?
                                                                                                                                        Thanx Thom...

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Well done, very well done. We wouldn't want anything else from the NWSL shops, er, 7th Street shops.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey 7th Street:

All I can say is WOW!!!!! on that steam engine. What A beautiful job. Not an easy paint job.

Karl

Zephyrus52246

Great looking loco.  Very detailed paint/decal work.

Jeff

7thStreetShops

Quote from: GPdemayo on June 07, 2020, 01:55:17 PM
Very nice locos..... 8)

Thanx Thom. This was an expensive job - we had to design and print custom decals on the Skunk loco (No. 45 still runs out of Ft. Bragg CA - as far as I know. Lots of footage and photos on the Web). It has the stock motor and no DCC since all the client wanted was the paint job. Runs nice with a little noise anyway.

I use the NWSL decals on my own (Proto:87) models with D. Rygmyr's permission. But that logo is de4funct now anyway. The Box Cab an MDC model (the only plastic I'll take at the Shops). Threw out the no-run stuff and used a pair of powered Proto:87 Stanton drives and a Soundtraxx 1100. Nice runner and even sounds like Ingersoll / Rand engine. The engine and tank car are equipped with Sargent's couplers and NWSL P:97 wheels.

My apologies for being tardy in responses. Very Busy these day... and yet somehow not getting rich... hmmmmm.

7thStreetShops

Thanks for Everyone's kind comments. I'm busier than a cat covering it up.  So am a little slow in my responses. My apologies.

A couple more things this past year....

tct855

Derrell,
            Beautiful brass work here my friend. I have both these models myself (unpainted of course) Somewhere I thought I'd get to mine but... where does the time go???  I just love the lights and weathering and well everything else.  Thanks for the cool inspiration on these head turners.  What can you do in giving me more time so I can finish mine models? 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Thanx Thom...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmjWx-5LYo

7thStreetShops

Don't know buddy. Charge people more money for yours? We've talked about this; money is simply the token you receive for using your irreplaceable time to earn it. Money then is simply your life or someone else's life in your pocket. I had a client once argue that I shouldn't charge so much since I also enjoyed the work. Lol - I fired him...

Hope you can get to both of your models. There is a decoder in the water car. Both models  - the SP set and the Cow calf set - required tedious hand setting of lettering for which I have yet to find a ready made decal set for either.

Have fun...