American Model Builders Laser Art 85' Wood Roundhouse

Started by Oldguy, July 24, 2019, 10:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldguy

With a bit of tweeking, the 8 1/8x1/8 rare earth magnets are holding the roof deck in place.  This allowed me to finish off the weathering of the smoke jacks and the roof.

I added the bay doors just for show,  They are just sitting there.  When this gets placed in the layout, ground dirt added, then I can add the hinges and glue the doors in the open position.
This build is done.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

jerryrbeach

Bob,

It came out great!  I really like the subtle colors and how you managed to work out all the issues with parts that didn't fit exactly as expected.  Excellent modeling!
Jerry

Zephyrus52246

Great job on the roundhouse.  Nice weathering.

Jeff

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

jimmillho

Oldguy

Thank you all for the compliments. 

I need to take on something a bit easier this next go round.  I have a need for a feed store and office. Maybe something like the Chooch Feed and Grain Store combined with a Campbell's Richmond Barrel or Seebold Mfg combination?
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

postalkarl

deemery

Do your own scratchbuild!  Get some Mt Albert or NESL clapboard, Tichy doors & Windows, and someone's shingles/roofing (lots of choices there).  Also be sure to get some 1/8" square for bracing, and probably 1/16" square and 1/16x1/32" for trim.

Sketch out a building on paper, or if necessary, do a to-scale set of drawings.  (I use PowerPoint for that, I'm ashamed to admit!)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Oldguy

Quote from: deemery on October 07, 2019, 02:38:39 PM
Do your own scratchbuild!  Get some Mt Albert or NESL clapboard, Tichy doors & Windows, and someone's shingles/roofing (lots of choices there).  Also be sure to get some 1/8" square for bracing, and probably 1/16" square and 1/16x1/32" for trim.

Sketch out a building on paper, or if necessary, do a to-scale set of drawings.  (I use PowerPoint for that, I'm ashamed to admit!)

dave
Oh I will.  But just not for this.  I have a minimum of 4 depots that will have to be scratchbuilt.  A total of 8 if I get to the upper level.  No two are alike.

Like a lot of others here, I have a ton of unbuilt kits that have been saved as possibilities for the layout. 
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

sdrees

Steve Drees
SP RR