WSLC reynolds camp cookhouse in O

Started by hairball, November 17, 2019, 06:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairball

This is a tom yorke O scale #122 WSLC Reynolds Camp cookhouse.  When I was re-issuing a number of Toms older kits a lot of time I would make & build 2-4 of them altering each one by color and roofing topping.   As examples of what could be done with them.

I had the idea of building an elevated structure rather than ground level on a short deck.  The material used was USA GYPSUM HYDROCAL white.  One of the problems working with hydrocal is the extreme difficulty of gluing it together, by being able to pick it up and handle it roughly.  The secret is to use a product sold at Home Depot...........HOUSEHOLD GOOP. Its a silastic contact cement , meaning it always has a flexability about it.  I use 1/8---1/4" square wood in the corners.

Windows are grandt line.   Real rusty roof is done using circuit board cleaner rusted up naturally, B I S sells the corrugated iron roofing in various heights , I only buy scale 12 ft high.

I have one version of this at double length at 72 feet and up 24 feet in the air, unfinished since 2012.  Its designed to sit over the tracks and haul the food supplies up inside thru a pulley system.  I get carried away sometimes.

The green version of this is on the cover of O gauger magazine a while ago on Don Klose Bellevue and Schenectady RR , as a hunting lodge in the mountains

mike lynch..................HAIRBALL

rslaserkits

look great Mike do remember them for the ARM days
rich

hairball

hello Rich, I cannot figure out what ARM DAYS is  ??????

mike..................HAIRBALL