EXPO 2016 Be there or be square Who's going

Started by robertseckler, January 01, 2016, 08:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amagic41

Come on Jeff you sure it wasn't the icy cold ones KC's promised .....
Ken Crump
KC's Workshop
Bowie,Md
www.kcworkshop.com

jlgrove

Yeah, looks like. Won't be spending any $$ on beer or ce cream😊😊

rpdylan

so, if you use the hotel link on the Expo site with the Expo discount code for the hotel room, its $250 a night.... I went to Priceline and booked a room for $136 a night--- just in case anyone wants to know....

See you guys there!

Bob
Bob C.

jlgrove

Quote from: rpdylan on January 03, 2016, 10:32:58 AM
so, if you use the hotel link on the Expo site with the Expo discount code for the hotel room, its $250 a night.... I went to Priceline and booked a room for $136 a night--- just in case anyone wants to know....

See you guys there!

Bob
...oops, I meant to post about that too....when I called to get my room, they had never heard of the EXPO, and the rates were $250.  +.   Only until I told her I would find something else, she found me rooms at $133.....so be sure to be persistent on the "EXPO rate".....

Raymo

Quote from: jlgrove on January 03, 2016, 10:54:50 AM
Quote from: rpdylan on January 03, 2016, 10:32:58 AM

See you guys there!

Bob
...oops, I meant to post about that too....when I called to get my room, they had never heard of the EXPO, and the rates were $250.  +.   Only until I told her I would find something else, she found me rooms at $133.....so be sure to be persistent on the "EXPO rate".....
Must be your accent. :P :P

halrey

I'll call the hotel tomorrow and have them add more rooms to the Expo block...

Hal
Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

halrey

Okay boys and girls,

Hotel said there are still rooms to be had at the show rate.  I don't know what you guys are doing wrong, but if you still have a problem email me or Mr. Seckler and will will connect you to the lady at the hotel who will make it happen!

Hal
Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

martin.ojaste

Karen and I plan to be there.

Question: I have a friend that wants to come to see George's layout, but I am concerned whether can handle the trip. He is in his 80's and has to use a walker/cane to get around. What is the access to that layout as I understand it is on the second floor? Are there stairs? How many? Any information would be helpful so i can set expectations.

Thanks.

rpdylan

I'm thinking the hotel added the room with that rate after they hung up the phone with you, because the linked page is much different than what it was a few days ago. I got the low rate on Priceline, but its good that they fixed it!   Any idea of the number of attendees so far?
Bob C.

jbvb

Martin, I don't think access to the F&SM has changed since I was there a few years ago: From the street door, a full flight of stairs up to second floor level, straight with no intermediate landings.  I didn't count the steps, but that usually amounts to 15 or 20.  There's a banister.
James

robertseckler

Martin,
James is correct
Straight flight of stairs and a little on narrow side
Sorry no elevators ,older building

ak-milw

Hey guy's, I won't be able to attend the Expo, money is a little tight around here. Would it be possible for me to send someone a check for the cost of one of those cars plus shipping and have them send it to me, I really would like to have one. I would be willing to add a couple of bucks for the trouble.  Thanks!

8)

Zephyrus52246

ak-milw

Thanks Jeff, I can get it through there. Now I don't have to bother anyone.

8)