The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

Really great builds of those kits Eric!  The weathering is great and the signs are super.
Mark

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on November 05, 2019, 03:53:26 PM
Kudo's to EricQuebec on two outstanding builds!   :D :D :D 

I love that sign.  It may be a challenge to position that one so the view of the sign isn't obstructed but I know you'll figure it out.  Can't wait to see them in person (but can't make down for at least a few more weeks  :( ).

Bob,

I have a place or two the flop house may fit. Although this is a building flat, it can also be one room apts.

See ya in a couple weeks.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: EricQuebec on November 05, 2019, 08:07:53 PM
Thank you very much for your good comments about this two building.
At the begin of this story, I was very surprised and honoured by the proposition of Tom.
I have a good time to build them like it was for me (in this project Tom let me totally free to do what I want), and the two kit are very funny to do (the O'douls flop house was a little bit more hard due to some little imperfection in the enginiering of the kit).
For the ads, I've paint it with the stencil method, and I've try for the first time the modge podge transfert medium, as explain by Karl O in an other thread on an other forum.

Tom : I'm happy to constat the building have not be damaged during the travel from Quebec to Florida. For the futur, If you want I build other kit for you, just contact me in privat, I will be very happy to do it just for the fun to do something for your layout.
Eric

Eric,

Yes, you did such a fine job with the packing not a single board was loose. However, I think US Customs opened the box as it was partially open when delivered and the tape had been redone.

I'll go through my stash and send you a PM.

Again, these are just wonderful.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Judge on November 05, 2019, 08:50:34 PM
The two buildings will make great additions to downtown Tahope.  Eric is quite the artist.  Excellent work and workmanship.  I can't wait until Saturday to give them a closer inspection!

Bill,

These two are very well done. As Eric said, I told him to build them as he saw fit. All I need to do now is add the details he included (came with the kit) and add LEDs.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on November 05, 2019, 11:33:17 PM
Looks like pretty good value for money to me Tom!  Nice work Eric!

I especially like the flop house.  All those porches and stairways make for some nice detail.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark,

Eric thinks he got a bargain and I think I got the bargain so we both are happy.

The main reason I got the kit was for the three story porches and stairs.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I have a little scenery update. I'll share what I did in this section which is the Barlow's Smokehouse Curve. The track then crosses the Suwannee River Lagoon.

After this addition to the thread, I won't be posting an update for every three to four feet of upgraded scenery. I will share some scenery photos that I believed are super worthy.

I continued with a few of Kris Cutler's beautiful trees.

Barlow's Curve before -

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Barlow's Curve after additional scenery and trees.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I attempt to use all material I have available. This includes what I call "tree dandruff".

These are the broken branches and tree limbs I find in the bottom of muy scenery boxes. If I can't make a small tree from a broken branch, I'll push/pull off the leaves and smaller branches for ground cover.

Here is a small container of my "tree dandruff."

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I wanted to upgrade the scenery between the track on the left and the dirt road on the right.

I pulled off what I could.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I then applied some white glue to the area.

I then used some tree dandruff and pushed it into the white glue.

When that dried, I sprayed the material with wet water and then added matte medium to hold it all in place.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I just realized this last set of photos put me over 4,900 pictures I've uploaded to the three parts of the A&S build thread.

WHEW! :P
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Looks great Tom. Can't wait to see everything on Saturday.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision