M.A.C. Little Tugger Hoist

Started by Jerry, September 09, 2019, 09:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

An 1:48 Scale kit made by McKenzie Iron & Steel Co.

I have the bed done.  And most of the hoist.  The hoist can't be finished until the Fordson tractor is done which I'm working on now.

This is were I'm at now.

Comments always welcomed.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

jerryrbeach

Jerry,

I love to see how much more detail is possible when working on O scale.  Impressive looking hoist.  I like the patina on the parts and the subtle rusted areas.  Are you planning to weather the wood frame at some point?
Jerry

ACL1504

Jerry,

I agree with Jerry, very well done with the rust and patina. Weathering the frame would really set the model off.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Thanks Jerry its appreciated.

Tom glad you stopped by always a pleasure to see you post.

Yes there will be some weathering on the wood after I get all the other components done.

Once again thanks for the compliments.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Jerry

Not a lot of progress but the Fair Leader is done.

And these are the parts blacken for the Fordson which I'm working on now!

jerryrbeach

Jerry,

That's kind of a tease, showing parts and keeping us in suspense.  Don't worry, I'm still peeking over your shoulder.
Jerry

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.  Keep looking I'm bound to get back to the bench...

Life got in the way of the Fordson but I hope to have an update by the weekend!!

Jerry

postalkarl

Hey Jerry:

Looks great so far. I'll be following along.

Karl

Jerry

Thanks Karl glad to have you follow along.

Slow progress right now as life has been getting in the way of building.
Did I say life or wife!!  :)

Jerry

Jerry

A quick update on the Fordson.

Its not painted yet or aligned but its gives you an idea on how it goes.

There are still small detail parts to be added after its painted.
The gray on the hood and radiator is the gray it will be painted.

Comments always welcome.

Jerry

jerryrbeach

Jerry,

I've seen lots of Fordson conversions, but never one of these.  Cannot wait to see that gray paint go on and the tractor part take shape.  I love the amount of detail possible in O scale.
Jerry

postalkarl

hey Jerry:

WOW!!!!! what beautiful detal. Great job on the model.

Karl

Jerry

Jerry good to see you looking in its appreciated.  Yes it different guess that's why I wanted to build it.

Karl thanks for the compliment.

Jerry

cuse

That is VERY nice work. Love this kind of stuff.

John

S&S RR

Fantastic work! This is going to be a very cool detail.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad