Creating Water

Started by dougkast, February 23, 2014, 05:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougkast

Some videos I found on YouTube.

Building water on The Seaport Model Works display.

http://youtu.be/wgWt137zpkQ

dougkast

Create water with realistic waves for you model railroad.

http://youtu.be/Heq3varRv_Q

dougkast

Splashing Water Effect & Running Boat Cloud of Spray Water Effect Diorama Making Film PART1.

[/size][/color]

dougkast

Splashing Water Effect & Running Boat Cloud of Spray Water Effect Diorama Making Film PART2.

[/size][/font][/color]

dougkast

TerranScapes - Ocean Board Terrain - Experiments and New Additions

TerranScapes has 339 Videos posted on YouTube on many Diorama subjects. SUBSCRIBE to it

dougkast

TerranScapes - Multi tiered waterfall - WIP - Terrain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lczokzw4GZg

halrey

Interesting videos, looks like another niche hobby market.
Hal
Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

bparrish

Doug.........

Pretty amazing water system.  I watched the river boat especially.  As a former PBR sailor I was interested in the boat model.  Some company produced them a long time ago but I haven't seen them recently..

Our boat was never that clean and orderly............... besides............ where's the crapper bucket?

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

S&S RR

Very interesting videos.  Thanks for posting.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ranny9

...actually a slow moving "crick" as they were called when I was living in Tennessee. Who was it that recently put a small crick/drainage ditch along the tracks and at the bottom of a huge rock retaining wall? I recently did some deep water, using The King's 4 color method, but I have no clue as to what 'color', other than clear, to make the water in a slow moving and very shallow ditch, or even one that's not so shallow but sorta muddy.

gnatshop

Quote from: Randee on January 30, 2015, 11:39:32 AM
...actually a slow moving "crick" as they were called when I was living in Tennessee. Who was it that recently put a small crick/drainage ditch along the tracks and at the bottom of a huge rock retaining wall? I recently did some deep water, using The King's 4 color method, but I have no clue as to what 'color', other than clear, to make the water in a slow moving and very shallow ditch, or even one that's not so shallow but sorta muddy. 
A guaranteed method for creatin' water - Drink more beer, one for a slow movin' stream, all you want for a fast movin'
river!!
Serussly, some green and a little brown, preferably on the crick bottom (possibly mixed with the water medium) sounds
like the cricks I'm used to!  You could sprinkle a little fine WS grass on to top to represent algae!

jbelwood

Bob,

Tamiya makes a PBR 31Mk.II in 1/35 scale. There is an excellent 3 part construction article starting with the
Nov./Dec. 2013 issue of Ships in Scale magazine. Numerous photos of the prototype along with
a history of the boats. Back issues are available from <www.seaways.com>.

John