Who is going to the Expo? Anyone want to meet?

Started by Jim Donovan, September 29, 2018, 04:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave K.

I sent them an inquiry. How 'bout we start getting a head-count and a Thurs or Fri (or both?) preference? I'm good for either or both. It's only a block or so walk. Haven't checked menu prices, but it will be downtown-level, I'm sure.

jrmueller

I am good for either night or both depending on my clinic schedule. Are wives included or is it a guys only thing. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Dave K.

Jim Donovan

I am good either night. Wife will not be coming just me, she is looking forward to doing her thing I suspect.
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Todd W.

Count me and the Mrs in!  Either night works!  I will arrive Thursday noonish to set up the HO Scale Customs table and do some live video interviews at the clinics, but should be good to go feed my face anytime!
Your railroad your way, it's your world.
http://hoscalecustoms.com

You can also follow us on instagram @ http://instagram.com/hoscalecustoms/

Bobby

I'll be there again this year. I'm getting in on Wednesday so Thurs or Fri works for me. This should be the kick in the butt I need to get back in the modeling groove!!! ;D :) ::)
Bobby - THE Goat!

Dave K.

Looks like we're up to 9 so far. Leaning toward Thursday...

Jim D. (1)
Dave K. (1)
Chip Stevens' (2)
Gleipharts (2)
Wileys (2)
Bobby (1)

Still plenty of time to join in!

Janbouli

Quote from: Dave K. on September 30, 2018, 11:16:18 AM
Wives of course are included!
I've heard of restaurants with wine's included but wive's included is a new one for me  ;) ;D
I love photo's, don't we all.

ReadingBob

Sorry to report that I won't be there this year.  Dave K. - you'll have to hoist a Blue Moon for me.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

tom.boyd.125

Enjoyed my first National Narrow Gauge Convention here in Minnesota and was great to met several members of the Forum for this first time...wish the retirement fund budget provided more $$$ to attend the Craftsman Show in Albany this year...really wanted to attend the clinic by Vilius...http://viliussm.blogspot.com/
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Dave K.

Quote from: ReadingBob on October 01, 2018, 09:28:30 AM
Sorry to report that I won't be there this year.  Dave K. - you'll have to hoist a Blue Moon for me.   ;)

We'll miss you, Bob and Tom. I'm do my best to cover for you, Bob!

The Jensens take us up to 11 for Thursday dinner.

S&S RR

Don't forget to bring your cameras - we love pictures.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Mike Engler

I haven't finalized any Expo plans yet. I hope I go as I think I have been to all the Expos (and Craftsman Structure Shows- CSS) since 2007 and I'd like to stay in the running for Jmmy's attendance prize.
One problem is that I am still fried from the National Narrow Gauge Convention- I am about showed out. In the end I probably won't be able to stand not seeing everyone so I'll get a flight at the last minute with a nice middle seat all the way to Albany.

I did check with George Sellios and another option would be to fly to Boston Logan and then Uber to Peabody. George says he definitely will have the F&SM open on Halloween, Wednesday October 31st from
9AM to 3PM. After some time viewing the layout maybe I could hitch a ride to Albany. Who knows, maybe my pal Dan Raymo would have room for me in one of his trucks? (hint, hint) Dan always has good ideas.

Stay tuned- still a lot of drama here.
THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

Dave K.

Still holding at seven folks for Thursday dinner...two more are "maybes".