The Pennsy - Six Miles West of Altoona and More

Started by ACL1504, March 18, 2014, 07:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Tis I, the ACL purple guy! I'd like to share with you a tour of my good friends Bill and Kris Cutler's layout. The layout was started some four yeares ago and the progress has been amazing to say the least. They have done more work on the layout than I have on my A&S over the past ten years. Many of you know my AS from the traveling frieght car on the other forum. Yes, my AS has been all over the place.

Back to Bill and Kris' Pennsy. It's a six level four track mainline of six miles West of Altoona including, Horseshoe Curve, Tunnel Hill, Glittzin(sp) and other surrounding areas. Like all of us, they had to be selective in the compression of the area. We have a good friend, Jon Shubert, who helped in the design of the layout.

I asked Bill if I could share his layout with ya'll in hopes that he and his lovely wife, Kris, will join the forum and respond to any comments or questions you may have.

I'll start you off with a few photos of their layout. Currently they are well into the scenery building of the layout. Bill maybe the builder, but make no mistake, Kris is the CEO of the scenery!

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Three more.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I know what some may be thinking. Wait until you see the layout as it looks today! Yes, I am a tease!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ak-milw

GPdemayo

I remeber it in this stage when you and I visited Bill. Can't wait to see what he and his wife have done with the scenery.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: ak-milw on March 18, 2014, 07:58:03 PM
I will be waiting, sure does fill the room.

8)

Andy,

It does fill the room but it is alot of fun to run. I'll be posting more in a little while! Thanks for looking in. I know Bill and Kris appreciate it!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on March 18, 2014, 08:38:47 PM
I remeber it in this stage when you and I visited Bill. Can't wait to see what he and his wife have done with the scenery.

Greg,

Thanks for checking in! This layout sure has changed since you saw it last! My guess is that the scenery is about 70-75% finished. That is if anything on a layout can be finished.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here are a few more of the Pennsy- Six Miles West!

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Very nice - thanks for the thread. I will be watching.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on March 19, 2014, 08:12:33 PM
Very nice - thanks for the thread. I will be watching.

John,

Thanks for following along. I'll try to get more photos up later today!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This next photo is of Kris using her Topside Creeper to add more scenery! I just noticed something about this picture. Do you see the light blue framed mirror in the right of the photo? I wonder if this helps her see when Bill is sneaking up on her?

It looks like Kris is trying to hide from Bill in this photo. Maybe she is adding the ground goop to the backside of the mountain.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here are a few more photos of the scenery being added.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Tom:

They have done a lot of work since we visited.  We need to go again, maybe a SBG field trip!
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PennsyJ1

Mr. Greg you are more than welcome anytime. You can even drag Tom with you.
Bill Cutler
bcutler123@comcast.net