FSM Flagstop Station # 70

Started by tom.boyd.125, May 04, 2015, 09:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom.boyd.125

Here's my version of George's kit.
Platform was build board by board and the random clapboard sheets from the kit were discarded.
Grandt Line windows were installed by enlarging the wall openings , a Chooch Coke machine added to the platform, Note : I drink Pepsi.....and I added a full interior with lighting . George's old style shingles were used. Nail holes were added and a light A/I wash was done to tone down the Floquil colors of Roof Brown and Reefer Yellow. Station is named "Stickney", a suburb of Chicago, where we once lived.
Photos were added to My Gallery also.
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

S&S RR

Tom

I like the changes you made to the standard kit build.  If you copy the BB code from your gallery picture and paste it to your thread the picture will appear in the larger format.  Again, welcome to the forum - I look forward to watching your future builds and to that layout build thread when your ready.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Here is the same picture.  All I did is display your picture in the Gallery and copy the BB code. I then pasted the BB code in this post.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Mike Engler

Tom, nice job on the station. I like the changes and additions a lot. Nice work lining up those rafters (or rafter ends?).
Let's see more of your work soon.
THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

GPdemayo

Hi Tom.....welcome to the forum.  8)

Great job with the kit. I just got it for the boom town on my layout and am looking forward to building it.

Don't forget, we love pictures.

So if you have any other shots of the station, don't be shy in posting them.  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

NEMMRRC

Howdy.

How did you like working with FSM's old-style shingles?

Thanks for sharing your build.

Jaime

tom.boyd.125

Jaime,
At the time of this build, only Campbell shingles and George's shingles were the only thing around. They did take a little bit longer to work with since you needed a new # 11 blade to cut each of the shingles at different angles in the rows before attaching them to the roofs. After your done painting and weathering them, it's makes something different to look at and I liked they way it turned out. Hope your workload slows down so you can get back on the forum soon.
Tom
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

postalkarl

Hi Tom:

Now there's an oldie. You did A nice job with it.

Karl

tom.boyd.125

Karl,
THANK YOU for saying that !
Tom
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

postalkarl

Hi Tom:

you are quite welcome.

Karl