Starr Creek Sawmill

Started by sdrees, September 21, 2015, 08:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrees

Frank/Erieman twisted my arm to put pictures of my model on this forum.  I won the Best in Show at the PSR Convention in Scottsdale this weekend along with the Favorite Model Award and Presidents Award.

My model is based on the Sturgeon's Sawmill located in Sebastopol, California.  It is a working museum of a steam powered sawmill.  It is open to the public about four times a year when they have it in operation.

I was able to get a set of plans from a modeler, Boone Morrison.  I adapted the sawmill for the rail delivery of logs to the mill for a future layout.  I drew my own plans and templates to construct it to my needs.

I am including pictures of the original sawmill so that you get an idea what it looked like.

I want to thank those that have helped me in this project.
Steve Drees
SP RR

Erieman

Good Evening Steven,

It looks like my help in posting was unsuccessful. Anybody out there that can give Steven some help in posting larger that the average pictures? This is a beautiful model and everybody needs to see bigger than a postage stamp. Help please.

Frank / Erieman

deemery

Quote from: Erieman on September 21, 2015, 10:20:26 PM
Good Evening Steven,

It looks like my help in posting was unsuccessful. Anybody out there that can give Steven some help in posting larger that the average pictures? This is a beautiful model and everybody needs to see bigger than a postage stamp. Help please.

Frank / Erieman
If he's on a Mac, he can use Photos.app or iPhoto to resize the pictures.  Set the size to be "no greater than 640 x 640 pixels".  Can someone who uses Windows suggest an application?

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

sdrees

Attached are more pictures.  It looks like I finally got it figured out
Steve Drees
SP RR

sdrees

This is the final group of pictures
Steve Drees
SP RR

GPdemayo

Great job on the mill Steven.....thanks for taking the time to post and welcome to the forum.  8)

Oh, don't be shy about posting.....we all love pictures here!  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

tom.boyd.125

Steven,
THANK YOU for sharing your work with the Forum members and on your model build receiving an NMRA Regional Best of Show Model Award.  ;)
Your scratch built diorama is really nice .  8)
Tom
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Janbouli

Superb modeling Steven , and thanks for sharing with us.
I love photo's, don't we all.

deemery

Yes, thanks for going through the hassle of posting these!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Steve,

The award is very well deserved. Great diorama and scene. Thanks for sharing.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Beautiful structure and diorama.  Congratulations on the award.

Jeff

EricQuebec

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on September 22, 2015, 06:35:41 PM
Beautiful structure and diorama.  Congratulations on the award.

Jeff
Ditto
And thank you for the original pictures of the Sawmill, very nice pics
Eric Québec city

coors2u

That is one good looking sawmill. Excellent work. I am glad that you shared it with us.
Dustin

Mike Engler

Great work Steve. We hope we will see more some day.
THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

donatode

Great work Steven.  Hope to see more and more of your builds....that is the only way I learn.