Pigeon Hunting

Started by sdrees, November 24, 2015, 06:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrees

I needed to build one more scratch built structure towards my Master Builder - Structures certificate so I free-lanced this old dilapidated barn and the scenery surrounding it.  I researched old barns and prototypical construction methods on the internet and drew some plans.  I wanted to share the results with everybody. 
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

Looks great, love the rust on the truck!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Great looking scene and some very well done modeling.  Love it!  Thanks for sharing it with us.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

martin.ojaste

Janbouli

I see a Certificate in the near future.  ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.

Zephyrus52246

Nice scene, the barn looks great. 

Jeff

donatode

barrymk

Superb. Dilapidated is hard to do and yours is beautifully understated.  Now how about a couple of ducks taking off from that pond in terror?
Modelling my version of Colorado Narrow Gauge here in the UK.  Any resemblance to reality is purely accidental.

cuse

That is some masterful rust! Well done.

John

ollevon

Your a master builder alright, You got it all right there. Rust, water, trees, weathering, and people all in a very nice scene.
  Sam

GPdemayo

Well done.....thanks for posting.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

sdrees

Thanks everybody for all the nice comments.  I wanted to try out some new modeling techniques with this project and for the most part seemed to work.  I have to do a better job on the water next time. 

Steve

Steve Drees
SP RR