SP RR

Started by sdrees, January 30, 2016, 10:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrees

Monday I went to Home Depot to purchase the lumber for the bench work and helped out a friend with his project.  Yesterday I started the construction of the bench work.  I drew the bench work plans with 3rd Planit and the details for the frames that will support the L-Girders.  I am prefabricating them.  Today, after installing a ceiling fan for the wife in her home office, I cut the legs to length, drilled holes for the T-nuts.  I will be able to make adjustment to the height to compensate for the uneven concrete floor.
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

Steve,

As I mentioned, it looks like you have all the details down! Great idea on being able to level the bench work.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

lynn boyd

That is one  amazing layout  your  about to dive into. I restarted mine 2 years ago and  again  added the leg  adjusters,  works good for the most  part , especially setting up  in the basement  where  the floors  are  smooth but also  flow toward the middle. I found  attaching to  the wall studs  did the most support where as  the legs did help . Just joining  the site so it will be nice to follow along with your  adventure.

sdrees

Thanks  for stopping by Lynn.  I wanted all the vertical support on the legs, just in case the layout needs moving someday.  I am attaching it to the walls for horizontal support though.
Steve Drees
SP RR

S&S RR

Steve

Your off to a great start - I will be following your progress.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad