The Franklin & South Manchester Traveling Hopper Car

Started by S&S RR, May 24, 2016, 06:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Packaging Post 3:

Unroll the bubble wrap to reveal the Hopper in a separate bubble wrap.

Cut the tape and unwrap the hopper from the second bubble wrap.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Here are a few pictures of the hopper on my workbench before it made it's way to the layout.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The F&SM Hopper was captured on the Mt. Aiden Trestle on the Superior & Seattle Railroad.  The new GN 2554 was used on it's maiden trip and the F&SM Hopper was in a consist with some new War Hoppers just being delivered to the S&S RR.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

bparrish

John...   

Put me on for after Frank.  That will work well. I'm leaving for the Pacific Northwest regional in Canada on the 13th.  That should be enough time.  I only need the car for one day and then on to the next. 

See ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

S&S RR

Be advised that FSM 838075 has cleared the Eagle's Nest Yard on the S&S RR and has been added to a consist headed south. 

Tom Langford please keep an eye out for it on the AS.

John Siekirk

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on May 26, 2016, 05:25:59 PM
Be advised that FSM 838075 has cleared the Eagle's Nest Yard on the S&S RR and has been added to a consist headed south. 

Tom Langford please keep an eye out for it on the AS.

My Eagle Eye is on the look out for the F&SM hopper #838075 from the Eagle's Nest Yard.

I will advise when the car arrives in the Atlantic and Southern RR West Tahope Yard.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

So who is the consignee for the next load of coal? ? ? ?

see ya
Bob

S&S RR

Quote from: bparrish on June 01, 2016, 01:20:36 PM

see ya
Bob

The car is on it's way south to Tom Langford.
John Siekirk

ACL1504

As of today the car is still in transit. The mail has already been delivered so maybe tomorrow.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: S&S RR on June 01, 2016, 02:06:54 PM
Quote from: bparrish on June 01, 2016, 01:20:36 PM

see ya
Bob

The car is on it's way south to Tom Langford.

Tom

Correction

Apparently, there was a yard hold on the FSM Hopper Car.  It didn't get to the post office (Sorry) I have been carrying it around with me all weekend in the Jeep because the Post Office was closed on Friday afternoon when my wife got there. I just got back home this evening from a visit to my daughters on the other side of the State.  It will ship out tomorrow morning. Again, sorry for the delay.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Tom

The cars on it's way - let's see how many layouts you can exchange with in your area before you send it to Frank Baker out in AZ.  The lady at the post office said it would be there by Monday at the latest for less than 4 bucks. The 2 day was over 20 bucks and overnight was 32 bucks. I decided that a 1930's vintage hopper car had no business on a bullet train so I took the $4 slow ride. We will be waiting for pictures.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: S&S RR on May 24, 2016, 08:17:08 PM
At the recent EXPO I had a discussion with George Sellios and Thom Driggers about the forum thread chronicling the travels of a AS car started by Tom Langford a few years back.  I enjoyed watching Tom's AS travel the world generating revenue for the AS. I asked George if he would be interested and doing the same type of thread for a piece of rolling stock from the Franklin & South Manchester. With Thom Driggers help and motivation George weathered the hopper car number 838075 to model the heavy use seen on the Franklin & South Manchester.  He then sent the car to the Superior & Seattle Railroad by way of interchange with Jimmy D's Pennsy and Dick Ellwell's Hoosac Valley (Thom will include pictures of these stops on this thread).

That brings us to the list:

1. George Sellios on the Franklin & South Manchester
2. Jimmy Deignan's Pennsy
3. Dick Elwell's Hoosac Valley
4. John Siekirk's Superior & Seattle
5. Tom Langford's Atlantic & Southern
6. Frank Baker's Morristown & Erie Railroad - Western Division
7. Bob Parish
8. Karl Scholz

I will keep up the list of stops for the F&SM Hopper Car on this thread.  If you would like to host the car on your layout - post your request on this thread and send me a PM Message with your mailing address.

Added Karl Scholz to the list.

If you would like to get on the list before the hopper makes a trip to the land down under let me know.  It will take a few weeks to make that trip.

John Siekirk

bparrish

John...

Could you please reverse the order for Karl and I.  I am leaving for the PNR convention in Salmon Arm Canada and will return on the second of July.  My fear is that if the order is left as it is the car will sit in my mail box for some days.  The box is perfectly secure but.........

Put me in after Karl and then let me know who comes next.

I will e-mail Karl on the side with my address here in down town Idaho.

thanx
Bob