CCK Cape Fear Bunkhouse AKA Rockingham Co. Grange Hall No. 6

Started by Raymo, February 17, 2014, 07:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

While all that was drying, I gave the windows and doors a wash of alcohol and ink.

Raymo

DEFugere

Dan, great, you and the other members are really putting the pressure on. Outstanding to date. I like your pictures showing the real enclosed stairs. I like the landing half way up and the spindly supports . I had to include enclosed stairs on my "Miracle Boat Works" even though they were not needed.

David

Dave K.

Quote from: Raymo on February 23, 2014, 01:24:29 PM
I also was able to get a photo of the covered stairwell in the back. I won't build mine exactly like this.

Love the picture. It must be a New England thing. I don't see these covered stairwells here in the midwest and yet they're in a lot of kits.

Raymo

Thanks for the comments guys and Jeff,I think you'll be happy with the end result. This week, I started with applying Frosted Gallery Glass to the windows. It creates a nice dirty window look.

Raymo

Then I painted the doors with some Floquil Depot Green

Raymo

The wall parts were put together.

Raymo

Back in December, I picked up some nice laser cut brick sheets from Shawn at Minuteman Scale Models at a local show. The laser board is thin,about a 32nd of an inch,which I cut into 1/4" strips and attached to the foundation frame

Raymo

I then painted the foundation with Rustoleum Cinnamon, which is a semi-gloss but has a nice orangey-red look to it

Raymo

I then painted some window shades with Polly S Vermont Green

Raymo

Windows and doors were added to the structure

Raymo

And then a quick look to see how it's coming together.

Raymo

Yesterday I sprayed the foundation with a flat finish so it could dry overnight. I've had this bottle of mortar wash for about 20 years and I don't know if it's even made anymore but it works good and gives nice coverage. After it dries, I took a damp cloth to wipe it off the brick

Raymo

I then added the roof to the structure