CCK Dixie Garage

Started by nvrr49, February 23, 2014, 09:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrr49

The parts and pieces of the kit.

I am adding a garage door to the back of the building, so I used the front wall with the garage door opening as a template and cut an opening in the back wall. 

Then I will piece the cut out section in to the window opening.  I am planning on leaving this door open, and add some details to the interior. 

If it will warm up, I might get some paint on the walls.

robertseckler

nvrr49

I added bracing per the instructions, or at least close to that.  I made sure the bracing on the top of the walls was all the same distance down from the top. 

I added extra bracing where I did the patch job.

I used craft paint to help fill in the gaps, then the rattle can paint I am using as the top coat won't affect it.

I am going to model the building with some peeling paint, so I coated all of the outside with A&I.

With the snow coming this weekend, I should get a lot of model time in.

jlgrove

Kent, I like the way you're changing that door.....filling in that window came out great.....it's so neat to see how things get changed around on these builds.....

nvrr49

Bad internet connection yesterday, and could not get an update posted.

I have gotten the building walls assembled.  The metal assembly jig is a good investment.

I added 6x6 corner posts to each corner, so I had to adjust the size of the wall in the cut in corner.  Also, this meant that the roof pieces supplied with the kit would no longer work. 

More later today, or in the morning.

nvrr49

Well, not much done in the last week.  Just got the windows painted. 
I also have worked on a tow truck for the garage, and will get some pictures posted tomorrow.

I hope to work on the interior walls after I clean up the train room tomorrow.

nvrr49

The tow truck for the diorama.  A Sylvan cab, and a 3d printed bed that I designed based on some pictures. 

Just a test fit

nvrr49

I better get to work on this if I am going to get it done on time.  I am going to add some detail to the interior, which is why I added the extra door on the back.  I used clevermodels.net interior walls it the areas where it can be seen.

A little cutting and fitting

jbvb

Catching up with this.  I like the wrecker.
James

ACL1504

Kent,

Looking good, any updates?

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

nvrr49

I would say that I am not going to get this done, the real job has kept me more than busy.  That said, I will have some time this weekend, and try to wrap it all up in a couple days.