Cypress Creek Railroad

Started by SteveCuster, July 30, 2017, 05:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

I really like the awnings, another thing "more common in prototype than models."

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

sdrees

Really  a great job Steve.  I like your finish of the bricks, and it is a good looking building

Steve Drees
SP RR

Jerry

Well if that's not perfect I need new glasses!  Those awning are worth the price of admission!

Wonderful save on the building!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

SteveCuster

Steve Custer

Pennman

Steve,

Just getting back to your thread again.  Beautiful work on the scenery, structures and overall layout progress.
Can you tell me what color, paints, and perhaps how you achieved the blue coloring on the bakery? That is a very nice looking structure
as all of your structures are.

Rich

SteveCuster

Thanks Rich, The blue was colored using AK Interactive Anthracite applied over walls that had been primed with A&I, before I add the top layer of paint I covered the walls in mineral spirits. After the paint started to dry I used a wire brush to pull some of it up and weather it.

I finished a covered bridge for the road leading up to these new structures. I took some inspiration from George Sellios "Coca-Cola" bridge on the F&SM and some from a similar bridge in my town.

This gives an idea of how the structure will sit on the layout. Of course the foam pieces are all just scraps and nothing is cut or fit.

Thanks for following along.
Steve Custer

PRR Modeler

Beautiful job on the covered bridge Steve.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Keep It Rusty

Love that bridge, Steve.

Would love to more of the interior. Do you have any work in progress shots?

GPdemayo

Now that's a bridge with a lot of character.....well done Steve.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Paint color and shingles on the bridge look great!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jerry

Steve beautiful coloring on that bridge.  It reminds me of the one in Tyler State Park in Newtown, PA.

Question for you is your track on Homasote??

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Lynnb

Excellent job on the bridge, your layout is a real treat to browse over.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

SteveCuster

Thanks everyone!

Sorry Craig I didn't take any work in progress shots but I'll post a few more of the interior next time I go to the workshop.

Jerry, Most of the track is on homasote over 1/2" plywood.
Steve Custer

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

the covered bridge looks just beautiful. You gonna give it A name? Does the bridge in you town have A name on it. If so why not use that.

Karl

cuse

Great looking bridge Steve,

Are you considering a large sign or stencil? George's really is a signature structure.

Just a thought...John