Cypress Creek Railroad

Started by SteveCuster, July 30, 2017, 05:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveCuster

Here are the small additions I've made since the last update. Nothing is really set in place yet but I'm starting to mock up the rest of this area.

I scratchbuilt this building using some of the FSM castings from RailroadKits. I showed more pictures of it on another thread.

This gives a little idea of the placement of the structure and how the rest of the area will feel. I built Scotia Supply a while ago and the little white building is from Foscale.

I built this copy of George's Bonney Wrenches from the wall section cut by KC Workshop. You can see in this shot I'm working out the idea for some water coming out of a culvert between this 2 buildings.
It will give me a chance to make a cool scene with a small wooden bridge connecting the siding to Scotia Supply.

This photo gives a better feel for how the water will flow. I started adding the stone bridge underneath the tracks in the front. I believe it's a hydrocal kit from Monroe Models.

I'm working on the area in front of Getz Gas (the foam with the FR on it). I plan on building that area mostly on the bench and dropping it in. It will have the latest SierraWest kit Mortons Foundry.

This is a shot of the same area only slightly to the right. Cartwrights is mocked up in place where it will live.

The station is also set in place. Nothing is secured yet of course. I always try to work back to front. The area behind the station will be some smaller version of Sewalls Foundry. I have all the castings but I don't intend to make it the same as the kit. Maybe just the main building and the overhead crane. If anyone has a copy of the overhead crane templates from the kit please let me know. It will make it a bit easier to figure out.

This might give a little better flow of the area. I have a whole mess of structures to add but I'm hoping it starts to come together quickly.

Thanks for following along and giving me a nudge to update this thread.

Steve Custer

Dennis Bourey

Steve, Wow!!! That's really coming together so well. Love the structure's and color's...Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Dennis Bourey

Steve, What structure is the one with the Gulf sign on top? Got any more picture's of it? Thanks Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

SteveCuster

Thanks Dennis,

Here's a link to more pictures of the structure
http://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=5368.0

It's a scratch build I made using some of the wall, window and door castings from Railroadkits.
The stone base is either from Sewalls Foundry or Wilfred Brambell. I mixed up both sets and used the castings.
Steve Custer

Keep It Rusty

Steve, took a moment to look over your site - I'm impressed.

Would love to sync sometime.

Janbouli

The individual structures look great , and then you put them together and it simply looks awesome , what a fantastic layout you're turning this into.
I love photo's, don't we all.

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

the layout looks just beautiful. Would love to see it sometime.

Karl

PaulS

Very nice Steve, and thanks for providing us with an update of your progress.
The structures and placement really capture a look and feel as they all come together, wonderful stuff !!
All the best,
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

Jerry

Steve thanks for the update.  it's looking fantastic!!

Great coloring brings all these buildings together.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

nycjeff

Hello Steve, you sure are doing a great job on your layout. Love the way you are placing the structures for a very realistic looking scene.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Steve,

Beautiful modeling. Always a pleasure to view the thread and see what you've been up to. Thanks for sharing.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Thomas looks thirsty.  Better spot him under that water tower.   ;)

Very nice modeling.  Coming along wonderfully!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

The time and effort in that one corner is amazing.....well done Steve..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL