Started by SteveCuster, July 30, 2017, 05:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

He Steve:

Thanks buddy much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

Just went through your whole thread on the RR. It is just beautiful. Love all the cool buildings and signs. I just can't wait to saee it in person.

Karl

ACL1504

Steve,

This thread as been a real treat to follow. It all looks fantastic. Well done for sure.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

nycjeff

Hello Steve, great work as always. I really like how you make everything look so natural.    Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

Thanks for the info. I checked and it is sold out.

Karl

GPdemayo

If you've never done most of this before Steve.....I can't wait to see what you do when you've got it figured out.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jerry

One of my facorite threads.  You do some really outstanding work.  Very realistic.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

SteveCuster

Thanks for all the encouraging words everyone!

Karl, Might be worth contacting Ken Crump and seeing if he's going to run off a few more.

I've been working on the layout a little bit over the last couple days. I ran into an electrical issue that took a bit to figure out. One of my Tortoise switch machines was drawing so much current none of the rest of them would move at all. No noise or anything from them. Once I figured it out I replaced the machine and now I can get back to working on the visual stuff instead of the electrical stuff.

Update coming soon..once I have something interesting to show.
Steve Custer

Pennman

WOW !!!! I just stumbled upon this thread today..and I am impressed.
All of the structures look perfectly constructed, roads flow seamlessly
together, and ground cover ties it all together. I was hoping to see
some of your layout pictures and I will definitely be following along on
your progress. Thanks for sharing.

Rich

postalkarl

He Steve:

Thanks for the Idea.

Karl

SteveCuster

Thanks Rich!

Small redundant update to anyone who's been following my Sewalls Foundry thread. In the interest of continuity I'm crossposting some of the photos from that thread as I installed the structure on the layout.

I added the concrete for this area. Same technique as previously mentioned...plaster of paris...gray chalk paint and weathered with ground down charcoal briquettes.

I installed this structure..it was built using the main wall castings from RailroadKits for Sewalls Foundry. I haven't added any details yet but it will be busy.

This shot shows how it will tie in to the rest of the layout.

I started working the banks of the little river. I added the basic ground cover here as well but I didn't take a picture yet.

Small update for now...I need to work on a few of the smaller details then I can move past the track and onto the front area of the layout.

Thanks for following along!

Steve Custer

cuse

Looks great Steve...the hills dwarf the structures - as they should and often don't...yours looks perfect!

Great coloring, as always, particularly the worn concrete. I'm looking forward to the details and the river.

John

EricQuebec

Very Nice Layout, wonderful  building very well desserved by beautiful scenery
Eric

Keep It Rusty

Looks great, Steve! Those shingles paid off. You're making good progress.

GPdemayo

Those brick columns look great Steve..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL