Cypress Creek Railroad

Started by SteveCuster, July 30, 2017, 05:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

It all looks just right!

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Judge

Steve - You're really good at this.  You ought to think about going into model railroading.

NKP768

Very cool Steve - gets better with every new addition...

Doug

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

Looks like A great spot on the RR for it.

Karl

nycjeff

Hello Steve, another great addition to your layout, it just keeps getting better.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Bruce Oberleitner

Awesome work Steve.  Everything looks very right and natural to me.  You've done a masterful job of blending all of those different elements into a believable scene.

SteveCuster

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone! I really appreciate the positive feedback!

I added some basic ground cover to the hill/bank of the water area. This is just the base level, I'll be adding lots of bushes, sticks and little trees etc..

I built this wooden retaining wall the run along the front the of the foundry. Simple job..just Campbells bridge ties stained with A&I and stacked in place.

That's all for now.
Steve Custer

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

Looking just great so far. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

SteveCuster

Thanks Karl.

I worked on some detailing over the weekend. Lots of castings placed..lots more to go of course.

The rear loading dock area here.

The side area is getting filled out a bit.

I put together this truck from a Wheel Works kit and added a bunch of castings in and around the shed.

Side view.

Rear view of the shed.

I'm starting to finish up the detail castings on these little areas, next step is adding some more detailed foliage. I started planning out the area directly to the right where the station is also. I believe that will be my next area to tackle.

Thanks for following along.
Steve Custer

Mark Dalrymple

Looking fantastic, Steve.

Love the detail of the trusses looking in the gable end of the shed.

Cheers, Mark.

GPdemayo

Beautifully detailed Steve..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

Love the shack. Beautiful job.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey:

All those buildings are just beautiful.

Karl

nycjeff

Steve, your attention to detail is outstanding. Where do you get all of the detail castings that you use ?   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

SteveCuster

Thanks everyone!

Jeff- Most of the detail castings I've been using in these last couple scenes were from the casting sets for Sewall's Foundry and Wilfrid G. Brambell offered by RailroadKits- and I still have a ton left over. I also have a couple pretty big boxes of castings I've collected that I pick from. Some leftover from kits and others I bought individually. Usually if the kit provides detail on all 4 sides and I know I'll only be showing the front I end up with a decent amount of leftovers. Tichy has some nice simple plastic sets of drums, acetylene tanks, milk jugs and a few other useful sort of generic detail items that are a really good value- I think its 96 55 gallon drums for $20.00.

Steve Custer