Previous topic - Next topic

cuse

Just beautiful as always...Great work!

John

SteveCuster

Thanks Jerry, Curt and John!

Steve Custer

swisstrain

I thoroughly enjoy following your thread.  Besides admiring your outstanding craftsmanship and what you do with your structures, I like your approach to finding creative ways to embed the dioramas in your layout and tie them all together.  Please keep the thread going.

Urs

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

All I can say is just beautifully done as always. I can't wait to see your RR in person one of theses days.

Karl

SteveCuster

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone!

For todays update I added some rock castings, plaster and some basic ground cover to the river/creek bed. I also added the track that runs to the lumber company.

I added some plaster rock castings and used plaster to make the hills/banks. I also ran plaster all along the bottom of the river.

Basic ground cover is in. I'll still be adding more junk to the bottom of the water plus trees and bushes along the hills.

I glued down the track. I'm working on what I can put in this red area, it's pretty narrow so my options are a little limited. I ordered a kit from Showcase Miniatures I'm going to try to use here. I can't move forward with this area until I get this little strip figured out.

Shot of the area from the other side.

While I'm waiting for the kit to arrive for area above I built this little service station for this area.

Some of you may notice I took major inspiration from the little service station on the F&SM here.

Next on the agenda is the concrete that will run under this service station and then up to the covered bridge. I also need to drop some wiring leads to the new stretch of track and install a few switch machines.

Thanks for following along.
Steve Custer

Jerry

Looks great Steve.  I really love the covered bridge was that a kit or did you scratch build it??  You did an excellent job on the coloring and weathering.

An a great start on the service station.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hey Steve:

As usual all I can saw is WOW!!!! Love the gas station. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Beautiful job so far. Is the stream bed going to remain dry?
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Good job with the service station Steve.....well done.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

SteveCuster

Thanks everyone!

Jerry, I built the bridge from scratch using a local covered bridge as an example with some inspiration from the one on the F&SM. I'm glad you like it!

Curt, No the creek with have water but it will probably remain dry until I finish almost everything else in the area around it. I don't want to accidentally mess the water up or get any white glue on the surface after I pour it.

Steve Custer

S&S RR

Steve

Fantastic work, I'm really enjoying watching your layout progress. Love all the details.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Mark Dalrymple

The service station is looking good, Steve.

It makes sense to change the direction of the fall on the lean-to roof.

Cheers, Mark.

SteveCuster

Steve Custer

Erieman

Good Afternoon Steve,

I have been popping in and out of the forum the past year or so. Several house projects have slowed down my forum viewing. My layout construction is in the home stretch, if there is such a thing. I hope to post some recent details soon. I want to let you know that you are doing a marvelous job on your layout. Just beautiful scenery and structures.
Keep up the wonderful work.

All the best,

Frank / Erieman

Zephyrus52246

I'm really enjoying watching your scenes come to life.  Almost makes me want to start working on sceniking my "Plywood and Styrofoam" RR.  The FSM gas station will probably be my first true scratchbuilt structure, someday.   ::)

Jeff