Dill's Market

Started by Koala Creek, August 21, 2017, 03:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koala Creek

Hi all,
I just joined the forum, as I am starting to on a HOn30 Louisiana sugar cane layout. I do not have much experience with craftsman kits .., the only one I have made up to now is Dill's Market by American Model Builders. I had changed it a bit as it was intended for a small Alaskan diorama. This is what I came up with:

Janbouli

Welcome to the Forum Jeroen, Moose Airlines looks good . You're in the right place if you want help , advice , a friendly word or just to look at builds of craftsmen kits.

I love photo's, don't we all.

rpdylan

welcome! and if that is your first build, well done! looking at the quality of your modeling, I would never have guessed that you were a "beginner"! keep posting, everyone here loves to see other peoples projects!

Bob C.

Zephyrus52246

Welcome aboard, Jeroen.  Nice structure. Blue is a hard color to get right, but it looks great on the building.  Did Moose Air Lines have puddle jumpers or an old DC-3?

Jeff

ACL1504

Jereon,

Welcome to the forum. Yes, your first structure looks great and Jeff is correct about the blue. You pulled it off. Well done.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tct855

Jereon,
          Welcome aboard.  You know even tho you're new here, if you keep showing great pics of awesome looking structures like the Moose Air Lines.  I'm going to have to start bugging you everyday for modeling advice.

That's why most of my other seriously grey haired forum brothers no longer have working phones at home anymore! ;)  Thanks for sharing!  Thanx Thom...

cuse

Jereron,

Welcome. I believe we recently crossed paths on FB. I love the structure and the Alaska vibe is a modeler's dream.

John (Mancuso)

ReadingBob

Welcome to the forum Jeroen!

Great build!  Love the subtle weathering and touch of rust on the roof panels.  Well done all around!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

jimmillho

Welcome to the forum Jeroen.

Keep the pictures coming cause "we love pictures"

Jim

Koala Creek

Thanks for all the kind words and yes, it is my only craftsman kit up to now. Did some European stuff in 009 (1:76 on 9mm track) as well, like this little French dio with handpainted figures.

The loco is a 0-4-2T Decauville which I designed myself and is 3D printed.

Good to see some familiar names here as well and yes, Moos Air Lines was intended to have puddle jumpers ... unfortunately they are a bit hard to find in HO scale for the right era ...

bparrish

Jeroen...

Very cool modeling.

Welcome aboard this forum.

We are all photo nuts so put up more when you can.

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

tom.boyd.125

Jeroen,
Welcome to the Forum !  ;)
Your Moose Airlines looks really nice... 8)
Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing more photos.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

GPdemayo

Great work Jeroen.....Welcome to the forum.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL