The Bluebell Railway

Started by madharry, September 15, 2017, 10:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

A few weeks back one of the forum members urged me to post some pictures of a visit to the Bluebell Railway. The day we visited was very wet and rainy but it was a long way to go without taking some pictures. on arrival we found we had just missed a train by one minute and the next one was 2 hours later.......Here are a few pictures of Sheffield Park station and our subsequent ride to east Grinstead.

Mike

madharry

And some more............

madharry

And some more.....

madharry

And a few more.........

Mike

Erieman

Mike,

Thanks for the pics of the BlueBell Railway. It brings back fond memories. Many years ago my wife and I were traveling around England and the Bluebell railroad was on my list of railroads to ride. Due to distance and traffic, we arrived too late for the last train. The station master was very nice and told us that we could walk around the train shed and surrounding areas, but to be aware of moving traffic. Well, my wife sat it out while I ventured into the yard. Somewhere in my pile of old photos, I must have some pics of the visit. It was great fun walking around and seeing all the details. Prior to leaving, he (station master) found us and gave me a slew of railroad memorabilia, which was very nice indeed. 

Over succeeding years, business and pleasure travel has taken me to England many times. I have always tried to include a train or two around the English countryside. You have done a marvelous job of preserving the engines, rolling stock and structures of the railways of England. I can't tell you how many railroads I have visited in England, but it is a large number; from York to Plymouth to the white cliffs of Dover and everywhere in between. Thank you for your pics of the Bluebell.

Frank / Erieman

tct855

Mike,
        Thanks for sharing!  Great pics, just love to see all railways.  Just lovely!.  Also I had a quick laugh to myself when I first saw the subject title. ha. The first thing I thought of was Bluebell, Alabama from the hit tv show Hart of Dixie. https://www.google.com/search?q=bluebell+alabama&rlz=1C1NDCM_enUS734US734&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjMt5nBw6fWAhXQZiYKHWZ3CX0QsAQIZQ&biw=1904&bih=930  and thought they had a railroad?  Of course they did, everyone had a railroad.  It's universal, so now I'm thinking:  I wonder if aliens on another world have railroads to? That's for another thread.  Thanx Thom...

tom.boyd.125

Mike,
Thanks for sharing all these great photos...looks like you were having fun... 8) 8) 8)
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com